Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador
Pontificia Universidad Católica
|Motto||Seréis mis testigos|
You will be my witnesses
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic, Jesuit|
|Chancellor||His Excellency, Archbishop Fausto Trávez Trávez, O.F.M. Archbishop of Quito|
|Vice-Chancellor||Gilberto Freire Yánez, S.J.|
|Rector||Doctor Manuel Corrales Pascual, S.J.|
|Affiliations||AUSJAL, CEUPA, FIUC, IAU|
The University opened in the fall of 1946, with Carlos María de la Torre, archbishop of Quito, officiating. Aurelio Espinosa Pólit of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) was the first rector. That fall there were 54 students and jurisprudence was the single faculty.
The principal campus of the University is in Quito. Other campuses are in Ambato (established in 1982), Esmeraldas (1981), Ibarra (1976), Santo Domingo de los Colorados (1996), and a regional campus in the province of Manabí (1993). The campus in Cuenca later became the Universidad del Azuay. All branches follow the National System PUCE.
- School of Communications, Linguistics, Literature
- Faculty of Management, Accounting, Administration
- Faculty of Philosophy, Theology
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Education Sciences
- College of Engineering
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Psychology
- School of Bioanalysis
- School of Economics
- School of Architecture, Design, Art
- School of Social Work
School of Communication, Linguistics, and LiteratureEdit
There are five schools that make up the School of Communications: School of Communication, School of Language and Literature, School of Linguistics, Multilingual School of Business and International Relations, and School of Languages.
Espinosa Pólit award for Literature at PUCEEdit
Aurelio Espinosa Pólit, the most prestigious awards for writers and authors is the Espinosa Pólit award for Literarute at PUCE which is one of the biggest awards in Ecuador and is given once a year by a voting panel from Catholica University, and is overseen by Vicente Robalino, catedrático de la PUCE, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador. Taking place every year in Quito at PUCE.
Aurelio Espinosa Pólit was born in Quito on the 11th of July 1894 and is best remembered as one of the best Ecuadorian writer's, poet's, literary critic's and a university professor at PUCE. He co-founded the Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador, and he founded the Aurelio Espinosa Polit Museum and Library in Quito.
- Vicente Cabrera Funes, Alumnus
- Eugenia del Pino, Alumna
- Jorge Salvador Lara, Alumnus
- Pedro Velasco, Alumnus
- Fabian Alarcon, Alumnus
- Oswaldo Hurtado Larrea, Alumnus
- Jamil Mahuad Witt, Alumnus
- Julio Cesar Trujillo Vasquez, Alumnus
- Enrique Ayala Mora, Alumnus
- Hernan Rodriguez Castelo, Alumnus
- Ivan Carvajal, Alumnus
- Alvaro Aleman, Alumnus
- Mauricio Rodas, Alumnus
Pope Francis visit in July, 2015Edit
Pope Francis was in Quito  for a few days in July 2015. During his visit in Quito, Pope Francis was the campus of P.U.C.E  on the afternoon of the 7th of July 2015 and spoke to the University.  and was able to speak to many thousands on different areas.  The visit also went with a tour of the Historic Centre of Quito.
- "Direccion General Financiera - Presupuestos" (PDF) (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Afiliaciones y Convenios" (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "PUCE es la mejor universidad ecuatoriana a nivel internacional" (in Spanish).
- "Breve Reseña Histórica" (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Francis". Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Ecology". Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Sistema Nacional PUCE" (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "52 estudiantes de Manabí terminarán su semestre en la PUCE de Quito". PUCE-SI (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- http://www.puce.edu.ec/sitios/documentos_DGA/10_C04_C041_2010-01_14083_1704650835_S_1.pdf Linguistics at Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador
- Crystal, David (1990). Linguistics. Penguin Books. ISBN 9780140135312. Linguistics study of language.study of language.
- "Medicine, n.1". OED Online. Oxford University Press. September 2014. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Medicine". Oxford Dictionaries Online. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Communication". Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- http://www.puce.edu.ec/portal/content/Noticias%20y%20eventos/9?link=oln30.redire Premio Nacional de Literatura Aurelio Espinosa Pólit
- http://www.elcomercio.com/tendencias/santiagopenabossano-aurelioespinosapolit-ensayo-premio-escritor.html Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador Espinosa Pólit
- http://www.elcomercio.com/tendencias/aniversario-premio-aurelio-espinosa-polit.html Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador Espinosa Pólit cumple-40-ano
- http://www.eltelegrafo.com.ec/noticias/cultura1/1/santiago-pena-gana-premio-aurelio-espinosa-polit-de-ensayo Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador Espinosa Pólit
- http://www.larepublica.ec/blog/cultura/2015/11/24/entregan-premio-aurelio-espinosa-polit-que-cumple-40-anos/ cumple-40-ano Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador Espinosa Pólit
- http://www.elmercurio.com.ec/405987-ana-estrella-santos/#.VpbXvvnhCM8 Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador Espinosa Pólit
- http://www.elmercurio.com.ec/405176-una-brillante-tradicion/#.VpbXwPnhCM8 Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador Espinosa Pólit
- "Aurelio Espinosa Polit Museum, Quito | By Ecuador Channel". www.ecuador.com. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Expositions". Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Cultural Center". Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Quito". Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- http://www.cuyabenolodge.com/ecuador/museos-ecuador/museums-of-ecuador.htm Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador  The P.U.C.E. Cultural Center on the campus in Quito and holds numerous exhibits year round with artists from all over the world.
- "Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Pope Francis visit to the campus of (PUCE) Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador - 7th of July, 2015". New York Times.
- http://www.teleamazonas.com/2015/07/asi-fue-el-encuentro-del-papa-francisco-con-educadores-en-la-universidad-catolica/ Pope Francis 7th of July, 2015 Pope Francis visit to the campus of (PUCE) Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador - 7th of July, 2015
- http://www.ecuavisa.com/articulo/noticias/nacional/113287-puce-abogaron-educacion-religiosa-ante-francisco Pope Francis 7th of July, 2015 Pope Francis visit to the campus of (PUCE) Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador - 7th of July, 2015
- https://www.aciprensa.com/noticias/video-y-texto-discurso-del-papa-francisco-en-la-pontificia-universidad-catolica-de-ecuador-67953/ Video and Text of Pope Francis at PUCE on the afternoon of the 7th of July 2015
- http://www.ecuadortimes.net/topic/pope-francis/ Visit of Pope Francis carries a message of peace and joy in Quito at P.U.C.E
- http://www.andes.info.ec/en/news/ecuadorian-government-coordinates-pope-francis-visit-mayors-guayaquil-and-quito.html Ecuadorian government coordinates Pope Francis’ visit with mayors in Guayaquil and Quito
- http://www.andes.info.ec/en/news/president-decrees-suspension-activities-provinces-during-visit-pope-francis.html President decrees suspension of activities by provinces during visit of Pope Francis
- http://www.cancilleria.gob.ec/pope-francis-started-his-visit-to-south-america/ Pope Francis to Quito, and the campus of P.U.C.E
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-25. Retrieved 2015-12-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Papa Francisco se reunió con educadores y estudiantes". El Universo (in Spanish). 2015-07-07. Retrieved 2017-10-17.