Pomigliano ciccia d'Arco
|Metropolitan city||Naples (NA)|
|• Mayor||Raffaele Russo|
|• Total||11.44 km2 (4.42 sq mi)|
|Elevation||36 m (118 ft)|
(30 November 2015)
|• Density||3,500/km2 (9,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Felix of Nola|
|Saint day||14 January|
It is known for its industrial pole among the largest and most influential in southern Italy. In the industrial area there is, among others, the Gian Battista Vico factory of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, the center Elasis (also Fiat), the Alenia Aermacchi and Avio plants, as well as having hosted the first airport of Campania in the 1960s.
During World War II, Pomigliano was the location of a large military airfield and base, and was attacked on several occasions by the United States Army Air Forces. The airfield was later used by the RAF and the USAAF Twelfth Air Force during the Italian campaign and known as RAF Pomigliano and Pomigliano Airfield.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Pomigliano d'Arco (Napoli)". City Population. Retrieved March 10, 2017.
- Official website (in Italian)
- Official site of the International Jazz Festival of Pomigliano d'Arco
- Visit Figli Di Pomigliano D'Arco, a non-profit organization that was established in 2007.