Polo at the 1900 Summer Olympics
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
At the 1900 Summer Olympics, a polo tournament was contested. Matches were held on 28 May, 31 May, and 2 June. Five teams competed. Most of the teams were of mixed nationality, with British and French athletes competing on three teams. There was no playoff for third place.
at the Games of the II Olympiad
|Dates||May 28–June 2|
|Competitors||20 from 4 nations|
A total of 20 players from 4 nations competed at the Paris Games:
|Foxhunters Hurlingham (ZZX)||10|
|Compiègne Polo Club (FRA)||0|
|Foxhunters Hurlingham (ZZX)||6|
|Bagatelle Polo Club de Paris (ZZX)||4|
|Foxhunters Hurlingham (ZZX)||3|
|BLO Polo Club (ZZX)||1|
|BLO Polo Club (ZZX)||8|
|Foxhunters Hurlingham|| Great Britain |
|BLO Polo Club Rugby|| Great Britain |
|Bagatelle Polo Club de Paris|| France |
|5||Compiègne Polo Club||France|
- John Beresford (GBR)
- Denis St. George Daly (GBR)
- Foxhall Parker Keene (USA)
- Frank MacKey (USA)
- Alfred Rawlinson (GBR)
BLO Polo Club RugbyEdit
Bagatelle Polo Club de ParisEdit
- Robert Fournier-Sarlovèze (FRA)
- Frederick Agnew Gill (GBR)
- Maurice Raoul-Duval (FRA)
- Édouard Alphonse James de Rothschild (FRA)
- Eustaquio de Escandón (MEX)
- Manuel de Escandón (MEX)
- Pablo de Escandón (MEX)
- Guillermo Hayden Wright (MEX)
Compiègne Polo ClubEdit
Three out of the four medals were won by mixed teams. Great Britain had competitors on the gold, the silver and one of the bronze medal teams, the United States on the gold and the silver medal teams. France had players on the silver and one of the bronze medal teams, while Mexico took the other bronze by itself.
|1||Mixed team (ZZX)||1||1||1||3|
|Totals (2 nations)||1||1||2||4|
- Raoul-Duval played on two different teams.
- International Olympic Committee medal winners database
- De Wael, Herman. Herman's Full Olympians: "Polo 1900". Accessed 25 February 2006. Available electronically at .
- Mallon, Bill (1998). The 1900 Olympic Games, Results for All Competitors in All Events, with Commentary. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers. ISBN 0-7864-0378-0.