Pollokshields (Ward 6) is one of the 23 wards of Glasgow City Council. On its creation in 2007 and in 2012 it returned three council members, using the single transferable vote system. For the 2017 Glasgow City Council election, the boundaries were changed, the ward increased in size and returned four members.
Tenements on the corner of Nithsdale Road and Nithsdale Drive in the Pollokshields ward.
|Area||6.29 km2 (2.43 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,448.8/km2 (11,522/sq mi)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||G41, G43, G51|
Located on the South Side of Glasgow, the ward includes Pollokshields itself as well as Crossmyloof, Strathbungo and the western part of Shawlands. The 2017 expansion took in Bellahouston, Craigton and Dumbreck from the Govan ward.
The ethnic makeup of the expanded Pollokshields ward using the 2011 census population statistics was:
- 69.3% White Scottish / British / Irish / Other
- 26.9% Asian (Mainly Pakistani)
- 2% Black (Mainly African)
- 1.6% Mixed / Other Ethnic Group
This makes it one of the most ethnically diverse wards in Glasgow.
|Khalil-ur Rahman Malik|
* = Sitting Councillor for Govan Ward.
- Listed Buildings in Pollokshields Ward, Glasgow City at British Listed Buildings