Political Evolution (Spanish: Evolución Política), also known in Spanish by its shorthand Evópoli, is a Chilean center-right political party, founded in 2012, which groups independents that are not part of the Independent Democratic Union, National Renewal and the Independent Regionalist Party, the other members of Chile Vamos. The party defines itself as a liberal platform for the people who look for a "modern center-right who proposes as the central axis of their proposal the appreciation of diversity, the emphasis on encouraging local communities and the pursuit of social justice".
|Leader||Hernán Larraín Matte|
|Chief of Deputies||Luciano Cruz-Coke|
|Chief of Senators||Felipe Kast|
|Founded||12 December 2012|
|Headquarters||Alberto Magno 1428, Providencia, Santiago, Chile|
|Youth wing||Juventud Evópoli|
|National affiliation||Chile Vamos|
|Membership (2017)||20.148 (10th)|
|Chamber of Deputies|
6 / 155
1 / 43
5 / 278
0 / 345
38 / 2,224
Evópoli agreed to participate in the primary parliamentary elections of National Renewal in 2013. Of the three candidates presented to the primaries, Eduardo Cuevas was the winner in the 19th district (Independencia and Recoleta). Evópoli participated in the parliamentary elections with five candidates for parliament, including Cuevas (district 19) and Felipe Kast (District 22). However, the senatorial candidacy of Luciano Cruz-Coke for the Antofagasta Region failed to materialize, as the Socialist Party challenged his candidacy on the Electoral Court (Tricel), considering that it was applicable the restriction on State ministers, which must resign at least a year before they could become parliamentary candidates. On September 12 the Tricel annulled the candidacy of Cruz-Coke.
For the presidential election of that year, Evópoli supported the candidate of the Alliance, Evelyn Matthei, and Kast joined her command in the second round. In the parliamentary elections of 2013, Felipe Kast was elected deputy for the district 22 (Santiago).
On December 18 of that year, 150 advisers joined its ranks, including ministers Pedro Pablo Errázuriz and Roberto Ampuero.
The April 12, 2014 General Council of Evópoli announced the decision to become a political party. On the same occasion María Francisca Correa was elected as president; Luciano Cruz-Coke, Pedro Pablo Errázuriz, Francisco Irarrázaval, Cecilia María Vasallo and Andrés Molina were elected vice presidents, and Jorge Saint Jean was appointed as secretary general. The founding charter of the party was signed on March 21, 2015, and the process of registration with the Electoral Service of Chile began.
Subsequently, on July 24, 2015, was published in the Official Gazette the extract of the party constitution, which Evópoli fell into the category of "party in formation" and it should get the necessary notarized signatures required by law to be formally registered as a political party under Chilean law, for each region.
Evópoli is in favor of same-sex marriage, which in difference from other parties in the Chile Vamos coalition.
On 6 May 2018, Hernán Larraín Matte was elected president of the party, replacing Francisco Undurraga. Larraín the son of current Minister of Justice Hernán Larraín and brother of filmmaker Pablo Larraín.
The following is a list of the presidential candidates supported by Political Evolution. (Information gathered from the Archive of Chilean Elections).
|Election year||# of
overall seats won
2 / 43
Chamber of deputiesEdit
|Election year||# of
overall seats won
6 / 155
- "Felipe Kast lanza nuevo movimiento político de centroderecha". EMOL (in Spanish). 13 December 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Kast y Cruz-Coke presentaron a los candidatos a diputado de Evópoli". ADN Radio (in Spanish). 23 March 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Cuevas de Evopoli se impone en primaria y competiría por RN para diputado en Independencia y Recoleta". Publimetro (in Spanish). 30 June 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "PS solicitará al Tricel que impugne candidatura senatorial de Luciano Cruz-Coke". EMOL (in Spanish). 1 September 2013. Archived from the original on 30 July 2013. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "TRICEL deja "sin efecto" candidatura al Senado de Luciano Cruz-Coke". Diario Uchile (in Spanish). 12 September 2013. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "Evópoli y apoyo a Matthei: "Evelyn va a abrir la cancha en la Alianza"". EMOL (in Spanish). 11 August 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Evolución Política cumple un año desde su creación y suma 150 nuevos consejeros a sus filas". Diario Financiero (in Spanish). 19 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Evópoli decide ser partido político y elige a María Francisca Correa como su presidenta". EMOL (in Spanish). 12 April 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "Evópoli se constituye como partido político y Felipe Kast asume como nuevo presidente". La Tercera (in Spanish). 21 March 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Servicio Electoral de Chile (24 July 2015). "Constitución partido político en formación "Evolución Política"". LeyChile (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Political Evolution (in Spanish)