This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017)
Polish Wedding is a 1998 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Theresa Connelly. It was screened at the Sundance Film Festival on January 16, 1998 and Berlin International Film Festival on February 12. It was released in the U.S. on July 17. It takes place within the Polish American community of Hamtramck, Michigan – the childhood home of director Theresa Connelly – at some time between the 1950s and 1970s. Virtually all characters are Polish Americans, though the actors playing them are mostly of other ethnic origins. Kristen Bell appears in an uncredited role, making this her film debut.
|Directed by||Theresa Connelly|
|Written by||Theresa Connelly|
|Produced by||Nick Wechsler|
|Music by||Luis Bacalov|
|Distributed by||Fox Searchlight Pictures|
20th Century Fox
Jadzia is the matriarch of a family of five children, four sons and a daughter. The household also includes the eldest son's wife – a Syrian-American whom Jadzia calls a Gypsy and who also works with Jadzia – and their child. Jadzia is (somewhat) happily married to Bolek, but is having a long-term relationship with Roman. Her daughter Hala becomes pregnant by a neighborhood cop and her family pressures him to marry her.
The interior of the family's home was shot in a local house on Wyandotte Street in Hamtramck. The St. Florian Church was used as a backdrop.
- Claire Danes as Hala
- Jon Bradford as Sailor
- Adam Trese as Russell Schuster
- Lena Olin as Jadzia
- Ramsey Krull as Kris
- Gabriel Byrne as Bolek
- Seamus McNally as Heckler
- Daniel Lapaine as Ziggy
- Rachel and Rebecca Morrin as Ziggy and Sofie's Baby
- Mili Avital as Sofie
- Steven Petrarca as Witek
- Brian Hoyt as Kaz
- Christina Romana Lypeckyj as Kasia
- Peter Carey as Piotrus
- Rade Šerbedžija as Roman
- Kristen Bell as teenage girl (uncredited)
- Polish Wedding at IMDb
- Polish Wedding at AllMovie
- Polish Wedding at the TCM Movie Database
- "The Big Lebowski Goes To The Polish Wedding: Polish Americans – Hollywood Style", review by John J. Bukowczyk
- STEPHEN HOLDEN (July 17, 1998). "The Polish Wedding". New York Times. Archived from the original on 2016-03-12.