Polavaram, West Godavari district
Polavaram or Prolavaram is a village in West Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located in Polavaram mandal of Jangareddygudem revenue division at about 35 km away from the banks of Godavari River. The Papi Hills and Polavaram Project are the major landmarks near the village.
|• Total||28.36 km2 (10.95 sq mi)|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Eluru|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Polavaram|
Historically the area is known as Prolavaram. This area was under the rule of Kamma kings of Musunuri Nayakas. Kamma king Musunuri Prolayya, in 1330 AD donated Prolavaram village to Brahmins. Prolavaram means, Prola is Prola and Varam is donation.
Polavaram is located at  It has an average elevation of 16 metres (55 ft)..
As of 2011[update] Census of India, Polavaram had a population of 13861. The total population constitute, 6830 males and 7031 females with a sex ratio of 1029 females per 1000 males. 1431 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, with sex ratio of 890 The average literacy rate stands at 76.40%.
- "District Census Handbook - West Godavari" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 22, 176. Retrieved 20 February 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Prasad, G. Durga (1988), History of the Andhras up to 1565 A. D. (PDF), Guntur: P. G. Publishers, p. 168, archived from the original (PDF) on 14 February 2019, retrieved 9 August 2019
- Fallingrain genomics.Polavaram
- "Polavaram Census 2011". Retrieved 23 May 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Polavaram.|