|The Polar Jazz Festival|
|Begins||31 January 2019|
|Ends||3 February 2019|
|Years active||1998 - present|
The 19th Polarjazz festival took place between 3 and 7 February 2016, with almost 2,500 visitors. This unique music festival that residents, visiting audience and not least the artists, keep coming back to. Over the years a multitude of the best jazz performers and other musicians have visited Polarjazz. Polarjazz not only offers a varied musical experiences, but also other activities in the polar night. There are provided music for all ages and therefore the festival includes performances both in kindergartens, schools and the youth house. Some musicians are sent to perform for our neighbors in the Russian settlement of Barentsburg.
Artists and bands (in selection)Edit
- Kelman, John (2011-02-21). "Polar Jazz: Longyearbyen, Svalbard, February 3-7, 2011". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "Polarjazz". Svalbard.net. Archived from the original on 2015-02-20. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- Palm, Eirik (2016-02-15). "Music festival in the polar night". Svalbardposten. Retrieved 2016-04-24.
- "Polarjazz: The world's most northerly jazz festival. 78 degrees north". VisitNorway.com. Retrieved 2015-04-30.[permanent dead link]
- "Polarjazz Svalbard - Cool place Hot music" (in Norwegian). Polarjazz.no. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "Polarjazz Svalbard - Cool place Hot music" (in Norwegian). Polarjazz.no. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- Official website (in Norwegian)