This article does not cite any sources. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Plas Coch is an unofficial area in the Wrexham County Borough of Wales. It lies to the north-west part of the Welsh town of Wrexham. The area was originally known as lower Stansty; however, in more recent years the use of 'Plas Coch' is more common.
About the areaEdit
Today, Plas Coch is one of Wrexham's most modern areas. The area is largely non-residential and is dominated by the Glyndŵr University Plas Coch campus and its many sports facilities. Plas Coch is well known for its large retail park situated opposite the North Wales Tennis Centre. The area has actually become part of Wrexham's Sports, Education and Technology hub as defined by Wrexham Council's district review.
The area is the site of:
- Glyndŵr University (University of Wrexham) - main Plas Coch campus
- Glyndŵr University Student Village
- Wrexham Glyndŵr University Sports Centre
- Techniquest (at Glyndŵr University)
- North Wales Regional Tennis Centre
- Plas Coch Retail Park (Sainsbury's, Aldi, DW Sports, Homebase, five further large retail units, restaurant and a Marston's pub)
Neighbouring Plas Coch: