Pittsburgh Phantoms (ABA)
The Pittsburgh Phantoms were an American professional basketball team whose office is based in the Pittsburgh suburb of Elizabeth, Pennsylvania. The Phantoms were a member of the current American Basketball Association, and began play in December, 2009. The Phantoms played their home games in Munhall, Pennsylvania at the Carnegie Library of Homestead - Athletic Club as well as the Langley High School (Pittsburgh) Gymnasium. Although the Phantoms intended to play games in the ABA during the 2010-11 season, no games were held.
|League||GPBL (planning stages)|
|Team history||Pittsburgh Phantoms (2009-2010)|
|Based in||Elizabeth, Pennsylvania|
|Arena||Carnegie Library of Homestead, Langley High School|
|Colors||Black, gold, white|
|Owner||Pittsburgh Professional Basketball Group (Bill Miller, Ted Miller, Lisa Matthews)|
|Head coach||John Ashalou |
|2009-10||6||2||0.750||4th, ABA North Central Division|
- "From nobody to somebody: WM's Davis on top of his game". The Daily News. Retrieved July 19, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Pittsburgh GPBL team announces name". Global Professional Basketball League. Retrieved June 20, 2009.
- "Venue". Pittsburgh Phantoms.com. Archived from the original on 2009-11-20. Retrieved 2010-02-04.
- "Court Time to be home for Phantoms basketball". Retrieved June 20, 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-08-17. Retrieved 2009-09-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This article about a basketball team in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|