Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino
Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino (lit. Festival of Filipino Films), abbreviated as PPP, is a film festival held in the Philippines in celebration of the Buwan ng Wika. It is organized by the Film Development Council of the Philippines. Similar to the Metro Manila Film Festival, only shortlisted films will be shown in cinemas except in select 3D cinemas, VIP cinemas (in an opt-in/opt-out basis by developer) and IMAX theaters.
|Hosted by||Film Development Council of the Philippines|
|No. of films||2017 (12)
2018 (8)2019 (10)
The movies are classified into 3 categories. First are the Main Feature Films which are competing for the awards. Second are the "Sine Kabataan Shorts" which are 5-minute short films that are played before the feature film. Third are the Non-Competition entries which are movies that won in other film festivals and as such, are given special limited screening during the PPP festival.
Entry films had to be submitted in a finished state by June 15, 2017. The official entries were determined by a selection committee composing of Erik Matti, Joey Javier Reyes, Manet A. Dayrit, Ricky Lee, Lee Meily, Oggs Cruz, and Iza Calzado. The official entries were revealed on June 30, 2017.
- 100 Tula Para Kay Stella by Jason Paul Laxamana
- AWOL by Enzo Willaims
- Bar Boys by Kip Oebanda
- Birdshot by Mikhail Red
- Hamog by Ralston Jover
- Ang Manananggal sa Unit 23B by Prime Cruz
- Paglipay by Zig Dulay
- Patay na si Hesus by Victor Villanueva
- Pauwi Na by Paolo Villaluna
- Salvage by Sherad Anthony Sanchez
- Star na si Van Damme Stallone by Randolph Longjas
- Triptiko by Miguel Franco Michelena
- Haraya by Daniel Delgado
- Fat You by Ronnel Rivera III)
- Dorothy by Angelique Evangelista)
- Delayed Si Jhemerlyn Rose by Don Senoc
- Alipato by Michael Joshua Manahan
- Akalingwan Nang Rosa by Max Canlas
- Ya Right by Gab Mesina
- Shaded by Vanneza Clear Estanol
- Ang Unang Araw ng Pasukan by Ar-Jen Manlapig
- Pahimakas by Lance Maravillas
- Ang Kapitbahay Ko Sa 2014 by Anya Nepomuceno
- Makartur by Brian Spencer Reyes
The second edition will be held on August 15 to 21, 2018 in all theaters nationwide, except specialty cinemas including, among others, IMAX, 4DX, Director’s Club, A-Giant (Large Format Cinema), Christie laser projection powered and all Gold Class Screens. However, there are some entries like Ang Babaeng Allergic sa WiFi shown in Director's Clubs in SM Aura in Taguig City and Madilim ang Gabi and Pinay Beauty in SM City East Ortigas in Pasig City. On August 18, 2018, foreign movies continued showing in regular cinemas.
8 main entriesEdit
Entry films had to be submitted in a finished state by June 15, 2018. The finalists were revealed on July 9, 2018 at the Sequioa Hotel in Quezon City.
- Ang Babaeng Allergic sa WiFi by Jun Robles Lana
- Bakwit Boys by Jason Paul Laxamana
- The Day After Valentine's by Jason Paul Laxamana
- Madilim ang Gabi (Dark is The Night) by Adolfo Alix Jr.
- Pinay Beauty by Jay Abello
- Signal Rock by Chito Roño
- Unli Life by Miko Livelo
- We Will Not Die Tonight by Richard Somes
- Koleksyong Pamalo by Jocelyn Frago
- Bato Bato Pik by Lorys Plaza and Ardinian Sanque
- Masaya Ako by Daniel Delgado and Tiara Angelica Nicolas
- Alas-Nuebe ng Tanghali by Enalyn Legaspi
- Runner by Levi Jun Miscala
- Anonymous Student Vlog by Christian Babista
- Bahay-bahayan by Brian Spencer Reyes
- Isang Tula Para Sa Nawawala by Rod Singh
Non-Competition Feature FilmsEdit
- Balangiga: Howling Wilderness by Khavn (QCinema International Film Festival 2017 Circle Competition Best Picture)
- Gusto Kita With All My Hypothalamus by Dwein Baltazar (CineFilipino 2018 2nd Best Picture)
- High Tide by Tara Illenberger (TOFARM Film Festival 2017 Best Picture)
- Kiko Boksingero by Thop Nazareno (Cinemalaya 2017)
- Paki by Giancarlo Abrahan (Cinema One Originals 2017 Best Picture)
- Tu Pug Imatuy by Arnel Barbarona (Sinag Maynila 2017 Best Picture)
The third PPP will be held at this special year as 2019 starts the official celebration of the One Hundred Years of Philippine Cinema, pursuant to Presidential Proclamation 622, S. 2018 which declares September 12, 2019 to September 11, 2020 as Philippine Cinema’s Centennial Year. In line with this, PPP will be held on September 13-19, 2019 to serve as the official kick off of the celebration of Sandaan (One Hundred Years) as we showcase Filipino films exclusively in all cinemas nationwide, except specialty cinemas including, among others, VIP cinemas, large-format cinemas, IMAX and 4DX.
7 main entriesEdit
- Cuddle Weather by Rod Marmol
- G! by Dondon Santos
- I'm Ellenya L. by Boy 2 Quizon
- LSS: Last Song Syndrome by Jade Castro
- Open by Andoy Ranay
- The Panti Sisters by Jun Robles Lana
- Watch Me Kill by Tyrone Acierto
PPP Sandaan ShowcaseEdit
- Circa by Adolf Alix Jr.
- Lola Igna by Eduardo Roy Jr.
- Pagbalik by Hubert Tibi & Maria Ranillo
- Atchoy by Regin De Guzman
- Baon by Czareena Rozhiell Malasig
- Chok by Richard Jeroui Salvadico & Arlie Sweet Sumagaysay
- Kalakalaro by Rodson Verr C. Suarez
- Kanlungan by Leslie Ann Ramirez
- Magna by Geoffrey Jules Solidum
- Pinggu, pwede na? by Elle Marie Ubas & Johanna Valdez
- Tinay by Andre Jacques Fallari Tigno & Angelo Fernando
- Toto, tawag ka ng ate mo by Mary Franz Salazar
Non-Competition Feature FilmEdit
- Verdict (aka Judgement, 2019 Venice Film Festival Special Jury Prize) by Raymund Ribay Gutierrez
|Year||Best Film||Best Direction||Best Actress||Best Actor||Best Supporting Actress||Best Supporting Actor|
|2019||Lola Igna||Tyrone Acierto (Watch Me Kill)||Angie Ferro (Lola Igna)||Martin del Rosario (The Panti Sisters)||Tuesday Vargas (LSS)||Gio Alvarez (I'm Ellenya L)|
|Year||Best Editing||Best Screenplay||Best Cinematography||Best Production Design||Best Musical Score||Best Theme Song||Best Sound Design|
|2019||Watch Me Kill||Lola Igna||Watch Me Kill||The Panti Sisters||Lola Igna||"Araw Araw" by Ben&Ben||LSS|
|Year||Special Jury Prize||Critics' Choice||Audience Choice||Others|
|2017||Patay na si Hesus||Birdshot||100 Tula Para kay Stella||None|
|2018||Signal Rock||Signal Rock||
|2019||LSS||None||The Panti Sisters||PistApp Audience Choice
Sine Kabataan ShortsEdit
The Sine Kabataan Short Film Competition gives a platform to all aspiring young filmmakers. It is open to all filmmakers of ages 15 to 30 years old. This serves to encourage the youth to develop their creativity and originality in storytelling, touching on important issues of today as perceived by the youth. The 5-minute Sine Kabataan Short Films are paired with PPP full feature counterparts and are screened in all cinemas nationwide. 
|Year||Best Short Film||Special Jury Prize||Audience Choice||Best Director||Others|
|2017||Ang Unang Araw ng Pasukan||
||None||None||Amazing By Choice Award:
|2018||Bato Bato Pik||Koleksyong Pamalo||Alas Nuebe ng Tanghali||Daniel Delgado and Tiara Angelica Nicolas (Masaya Ako)||#GlobeOfGood Award:
|2019||Kalakalaro||Magna||Chok||Rodson Ver Suarez (Kalakalaro)||None|
|Year||Run Days||Movie Entries||Gross|
|2017||7||12||PhP 149.5 million|
|2018||7||8||PhP 122 million|
|2019||7||10||PhP 154.7 million|
- Gallardo, Ricky (13 August 2017). "Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino is on". BusinessMirror. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- Navarro, Mell. "Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino 2017 of Film Development Council of the Phils and Sine Kabataan of National Youth Commission". Facebook. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- "Official selection for 'Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino' revealed". GMA News. 1 July 2017. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- "CAMPUS NCAMPUS NEWS: NYC names Sine Kabataan short film competition finalists". philstar.com.
- [dead link]
- "Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino 2018 entries announced".
- "Benilde film wins Sine Kabataan award | Agimat: Sining at Kulturang Pinoy".
- Festival, Asian Film (August 18, 2019). "3rd Sine Kabataan Short Film Competition – 2019 Finalists".
- "FULL LIST: Winners, Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino 2017". Rappler.
- Cruz, Marinel R. "'Signal Rock' wins big at 2018 PPP". entertainment.inquirer.net.
- "And the winners of the 2019 Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino are..." PEP.ph.
- "SINE KABATAAN 2019". Film Development Council of the Philippines. May 24, 2019.
- "LIST: All the winners at the Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino 2019". GMA News Online.
- Neil Charm (2017-08-25). "FDCP-backed film festival deemed a success | BusinessWorld". Bworldonline.com. Retrieved 2019-12-31.
- "(UPDATED) Top grossers of Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino 2018 revealed". PEP.ph.
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|