Pioneer Library System
The Pioneer Library System (PLS) is a public library system that serves residents in the central Oklahoma counties of Cleveland, Pottawatomie and McClain with administrative offices in Norman. Additionally, the system also allows those served by the Metropolitan Library System (Oklahoma County) to check out materials via a reciprocal borrowing agreement, and also allows non-residents to borrow materials if they pay an annual fee. The twelve-branch system is governed by a board of trustees. Lisa Wells currently serves as Executive Director.
|Country||United States of America|
|Access and use|
|Access requirements||All who reside, work, own property or attend school in the 1,903 square mile area of Cleveland, McClain, and Pottawatomie counties, or Metropolitan Library System cardholders |
The cities of Moore, Norman and Shawnee are served by Redbox-style automated DVD kiosks. Norman is also home to three "24 Hour Libraries" which are automated kiosks. The location located at the Irving Recreation Center in Norman is the first such machine in North America to allow customers 24-hour access to library materials. Customers are able to retrieve "holds" from the kiosks or browse available books for checkout.
Information about the system's administrative offices and branch libraries is shown below. For maps showing all locations, see the "External links" section.
|Pioneer Library System Administration||300 Norman Center Court, Norman||Coordinates:|
|Blanchard Public Library||205 NE 10th, Blanchard|
|McLoud Public Library||133 N Main, McLoud|
|Moore Public Library||225 S Howard, Moore|
|Newcastle Public Library||705 NW 10th, Newcastle|
|Noble Public Library||204 N 5th, Noble|
|Norman Public Library Central||225 N Webster, Norman|
|Norman Public Library East||3051 Alameda St, Norman|
|Norman Public Library West||300 Norman Center Court, Norman|
|Purcell Public Library||919 N 9th, Purcell|
|Shawnee Public Library||101 N Philadelphia, Shawnee|
|Southwest OKC Public Library||2201 SW 134th, Oklahoma City|
|Tecumseh Public Library||114 N Broadway, Tecumseh|
- Metropolitan Library System (Oklahoma) – Covers Oklahoma County
- "Circulation Policy" (PDF). Pioneer Library System. March 2013. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- "Pioneer Library System". Oklahoma Department of Libraries. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- "Home page". Pioneer Library System. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- Cannon, Jane Glenn (May 10, 2012). "Library 'Redbox' proposed for east Norman instead of branch". NewsOK. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- "2013 Year in Review". American Libraries. American Library Association. 45 (1/2): 29. January–February 2014.