Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg(Redirected from Pinelopi Goldberg)
Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg is the William K. Lanman Jr. Professor of Economics at Yale University and the former Editor-in-Chief of the American Economic Review. She received a Diplom in Economics from the University of Freiburg and a PhD from Stanford University. She was the first woman appointed as editor of the American Economic Review, one of the most prestigious journals in Economics. She is also a Fellow of the Econometric Society, a Faculty Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, a member of the Board of the Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD), and a Research Affiliate of the International Growth Centre (IGC) of the London School of Economics.
|Chief Economist of the World Bank|
|President||Jim Yong Kim|
|Succeeding||Shanta Devarajan (Acting)|
University of Freiburg (BA)|
Stanford University (MA, PhD)
Bodossaki Prize in Social Sciences (2003)|
Guggenheim Fellow (2010–2011)
American Academy of Arts and Sciences (2014)
Her dozens of published works focus on applied microeconomics, international trade, and industrial organization. More recently, she has studied the impact of trade liberalization on growth and the income distribution, the effects of intellectual property rights enforcement in developing countries, and the determinants of incomplete exchange rate pass-through.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi; Michael M. Knetter (1997). "Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?". Journal of Economic Literature. 35 (3): 1243–1272.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou; Nina Pavcnik (2007). "Distributional effects of globalization in developing countries". Journal of Economic Literature. 45 (1): 39–82.
- Maggi, Giovanni; Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg (1999). "Protection for Sale: An Empirical Investigation". American Economic Review. 89 (5): 1135–1155.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou (1995). "Product differentiation and oligopoly in international markets: The case of the US automobile industry". Econometrica: Journal of the Econometric Society: 891–951.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou; Amit Kumar Khandelwal, Nina Pavcnik, and Petia Topalova (2010). "Imported intermediate inputs and domestic product growth: Evidence from India". The Quarterly Journal of Economics. 125 (4): 1727–1767.
- Attanasio, Orazio; Pinelopi K. Goldberg, and Nina Pavcnik (2004). "Trade reforms and wage inequality in Colombia". Journal of Development Economics. 74 (2): 331–366.
- ""Bodossaki Foundation awards distinguished Greek researchers"". 2003-07-17. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- Zoe Gorman (2010-09-28). "In economics, cracking the glass ceiling". Yale Daily News. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "Curriculum Vita of Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg". Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "World Bank Group President Appoints Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg as Chief Economist". Retrieved 2018-04-27.