PT Pindad (Persero), or commonly known as Pindad, is an Indonesian state-owned enterprise specialising in military and commercial products. Pindad provides the armaments and munitions (Alat Utama Sistem Senjata or Alutsista) for the Indonesian National Armed Forces and other agencies mainly to support defence and security of the Republic of Indonesia. Aside from defense industry, Pindad also produces several industrial products for other fields such as transportation and commercial explosives. Pindad's activities are including cover design, development, engineering and fabrication as well as maintenance.
|Founded||1808 – As Artillerie Constructie Winkel (ACW)|
|Headquarters||Head Office : Jl. Gatot Subroto, No 517 Bandung 40285, Indonesia Ammunition Division : Turen, Malang|
|Products||Military and Industrial products|
|Revenue||Rp 2.02 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 45.79 billion (2016)|
|Total assets||Rp 4.16 trillion (2016)|
|Total equity||Rp 1.26 trillion (2016)|
Number of employees
In 1808, Governor-General Daendels ordered the establishment of workshops for materiel, munitions, and weaponry maintenance named Contructie Winkel (CW) in Surabaya, which acted as a precursor to the defense industry in Indonesia. He also instructed the establishment of an artillery workshop known as Proyektiel Fabriek (PF). The government further established naval materiel and explosives factory named Pyrotechnische Werkplaats (PW) in 1850. On January, 1st 1851, CW was renamed Artilerie Constructie Winkel.
During the period 1923–1932, workshops in Surabaya were moved to Bandung and merged into single entity named Artilerie Inrichtingen (AI). During Japanese occupation of the Dutch East Indies, ACW was renamed to be Dai Ichi Kozo (DIK). And afterward it was renamed to be Leger Productie Bedrijven (LPB).
On April 29, 1950, following the agreement on Dutch–Indonesian Round Table Conference, whereas Netherlands transferred sovereignty to United States of Indonesia. Netherlands also transferred LFB Dutch east indies government transferred LPB to United States of Indonesia. LFB renamed again to be Pabrik Senjata dan Mesiu (PSM) and its management is under Indonesian Army. And on 1958 PSM renamed again to Pabrik Alat Peralatan Angkatan Darat (Pindad). On 1983, Pindad is officially State-owned enterprise.
Pindad has received awards for the creation of the Pindad SS1 & Pindad SS2 rifles that enabled the Indonesian Army to win at ASEAN Army Rifle Meet XVI contest in 2006, continuously for AARM 2008-2014, 2016 and 2017.
- Pindad PI Flare gun
- Pindad Mo-1 60mm Mortar
- Pindad Mo-2 60mm Mortar
- Pindad Mo-3 81mm Mortar
- Pindad 40mm Silent Mortar
- Pindad ME-105 105mm Howitzer
- Pindad PK-1 field knife
- Pindad PL-1 throwing knife
Fire Support Vehicles
- Rotary planter
- Multicommodity combine harvester
- Four-wheeled tractor
- Company Profile Of PT. Pindad (Persero)
- "President Director of Pt. Pindad Received Honorable Medal of Achievement in Development From the President of Indonesia". PT Pindad. Retrieved 13 December 2008.
- "Pindad P2".
- "Pindad PS-01 Assault Pistol 5.56x21mm". The Firearm Blog. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "Pindad G2".
- "Un repaso a las armas ligeras de Pindad" (in Spanish). ARMAS. Archived from the original on 2 April 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2010.
- "Pindad SPR".
- antaranews.com. "Kementerian PUPR pesan 500 excavator buatan Pindad". Antara News (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2017-12-28.
- "Alat dan Mesin Pertanian Buatan Indonesia - JakartaGreater". JakartaGreater. 2017-06-06. Retrieved 2017-12-28.