Pierre Barbet (physician)
In 1950 he wrote a long study called A Doctor at Calvary which was later published as a book. Barbet stated that his experience as a battlefield surgeon during World War I led him to conclude that the image on the Shroud of Turin was authentic, anatomically correct and consistent with crucifixion.
- New Scientist Oct 12, 1978, page 96
- Columbia University page of Pierre Barbet on Crucifixion Archived 2009-12-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Frederick Zugibe, 2005, The Crucifixion of Jesus: A Forensic Inquiry Evans Publishing, ISBN 1-59077-070-6
- Barbet, Pierre. Doctor at Calvary: The Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ As Described by a Surgeon , New York: Image Books, 1963, originally published in 1936.
- Bernard Ruffin, 1999, The Shroud of Turin ISBN 0-87973-617-8 page 17
|This biography related to medicine in France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|