Phu Quoc International Airport
Phu Quoc International Airport (Vietnamese: Sân bay quốc tế Phú Quốc or Cảng hàng không quốc tế Phú Quốc) (IATA: PQC, ICAO: VVPQ) is an international airport that was completed in 2012 on Phú Quốc Island, in southern Vietnam. The airport covers nearly 900ha in Duong To village, Phú Quốc island-district, Kiên Giang Province having been built at a cost of around VND 16.2 trillion (US$810 million) and is planned to be built in phases. The airport is 10 km from the previous Phu Quoc Airport, which it replaced. The airport was initially able to handle about 2.5 million passengers per annum, and the maximum capacity will be 7 million passengers per annum, with international destinations expected to include Singapore and Sihanoukville International Airport. The airport has a single 3000m runway, capable of handling aircraft like the Airbus A350 and Boeing 747. The construction was completed in November 2012 and was put into operation on 2 December 2012. The Vietnamese government expects the airport to facilitate the arrival of international tourists who are attracted to the island's beaches.
Phu Quoc International Airport
Sân bay quốc tế Phú Quôc
Cảng hàng không quốc tế Phú Quốc
|Operator||Airports Corporation of Vietnam|
|Elevation AMSL||37.4 ft / 11.4 m|
Airports Corporation of Vietnam began construction of the airport on 23 November 2008 with an investment of VND 3,000 billion. It was designed by Singaporean-US design consulting firm CPG-PAE. After four years work the airport operated its inaugural flight on 15 December 2012.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
- "Phu Quoc airport welcomes flight from Milan (Italy)". PQIA. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "Lễ đón hành khách thứ 100 triệu năm 2018 và đưa vào khai thác Dự án mở rộng Nhà ga hành khách Cảng HKQT Phú Quốc". ACV. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Latest news - Discover Phu Quoc - island paradise in the Gulf of Thailand, secluded and beautiful beaches, resorts and hotels on Phu Quoc island, Vietnam..." discoverphuquoc.com.
- "Phu Quoc International Airport to open December 2". Tuổi Trẻ. 1 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Vietnam Airlines capitalises on new Phu Quoc airport". Voice of Vietnam. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Asiana Airlines W19 Phu Quoc service changes". Routesonline.
- "Bangkok Airways proposes Phu Quoc launch in W17". routesonline. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "China Southern Adds Guangzhou - Phu Quoc Service from July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Phu Quoc service from late-Dec 2019". Routesonline.
- "EastarJet expands Vietnam network in Feb 2019". Routesonline.
- "Jeju Air 4Q19 network additions". Routesonline.
- "Jetstar Pacific expands domestic routes from Da Nang in S19". Routesonline.
- "Lucky Air schedules new SE Asia routes in W16". routesonline. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Neos W18 Phu Quoc routing changes". Routesonline.
- "Okay Airways adds Nanning – Phu Quoc route from Nov 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Holidays to Vietnam 2017/2018". Thomson Airways. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "Phu Quoc - Matkat Vietnamin trooppiselle paratiisisaarelle". TUI.fi.
- Rasi, Maarit (25 January 2017). "Finnair aloittaa suorat lennot Goalle: Lentoyhtiöiden uutuuskohteet tarjoavat aurinkorantoja ja ihmisvilinää". Ilta-Sanomat.
- "Thomson Airways Schedules Boeing 787-9 W16 Nordic Operations". Routesonline.
- "Vietjet Air adds Phu Quoc – Seoul service from Dec 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Vietnam Airlines adds Phu Quoc – Wenzhou service in 3Q17". Routesonline.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phu Quoc International Airport.|