Dynasty Cup (golf)
The Dynasty Cup was a men's professional team golf competition between teams representing Asia and Japan. It was played twice, in 2003 and 2005 and took place on the World Cup course at the Mission Hills Golf Club in Shenzhen, China. The event was organised by the Asian Tour and Japan Golf Tour. Asia won both events that were contested.
|Course(s)||Mission Hills Golf Club|
World Cup course
Japan Golf Tour
For sponsorship reasons the 2003 event was called the Phoenix Dynasty Cup presented by VISA while the 2005 event was called the Visa Dynasty Cup.
The teams consisted of 12 golfers. The tournament was played over three days with 6 foursomes matches on the first day, 6 fourball matches on the second day and 12 singles matches on the final day. One point was awarded for each win and a half point for a halved match. With a total of 24 points, a team needed to get 12.5 points to win the Cup.
The second event was held 15–17 April 2005. The team captains were the same as in 2003, Hsieh and Aoki. Charlie Wi was on the original Asia team but withdrew and was replaced by Angelo Que. Asia won by a score of 14½ to 9½.
|Year||Venue||Winning team||Score||Asia captain||Japan captain|
|2005||Mission Hills, Shenzhen||Asia||14½–9½||Hsieh Min-nan||Isao Aoki|
|2003||Mission Hills, Shenzhen||Asia||16½–7½||Hsieh Min-nan||Isao Aoki|
- 2003: Arjun Atwal, Kang Wook-soon, Lin Keng-chi, Prayad Marksaeng, Jyoti Randhawa, Jeev Milkha Singh, Thammanoon Sriroj, Thaworn Wiratchant, Thongchai Jaidee, Liang Wenchong, Charlie Wi, Zhang Lianwei
- 2005: Boonchu Ruangkit, Amandeep Johl, Mardan Mamat, Mo Joong-kyung, Prayad Marksaeng, Angelo Que, Jyoti Randhawa, Thammanoon Sriroj, Thaworn Wiratchant, Thongchai Jaidee, Liang Wenchong, Zhang Lianwei
- 2003: Hiroyuki Fujita, Keiichiro Fukabori, Yasuharu Imano, Tomohiro Kondo, Katsunori Kuwabara, Hajime Meshiai, Katsumasa Miyamoto, Kiyoshi Murota, Tsuneyuki Nakajima, Nobuhito Sato, Toru Suzuki, Taichi Teshima
- 2005: Hiroyuki Fujita, Keiichiro Fukabori, Tetsuji Hiratsuka, Takashi Kamiyama, Hideki Kase, Shingo Katayama, Ryoken Kawagishi, Tomohiro Kondo, Shigeki Maruyama, Katsumasa Miyamoto, Toru Suzuki, Takuya Taniguchi
- "Aoki backs Japan for success at Mission Hills". Golftoday.co.uk. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Asia win Dynasty Cup 16.5 - 7.5". Golftoday.co.uk. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Japanese announce Dynasty Cup team". Golftoday.co.uk. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Asia name Captain's Picks for Dynasty Cup". Golftoday.co.uk. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Asian Tour pick Dynasty Cup assistants". Golftoday.co.uk. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Zhang Maintains Perfect Record". Asian Tour. 17 April 2005. Retrieved 26 June 2018.