Northstar Travel Group
Northstar Travel Group is a publications and event management company focused on the travel industry. The company's brands include Business Travel News, Travel Procurement, The Beat, Travel Weekly, TravelAge West, Travel Weekly China, Successful Meetings, Meetings & Conventions, Incentive, M&C China, Travel42, Axus Travel App, and Web in Travel. It also owns Phocuswright, a research, business intelligence, and event producer serving the travel technology industry, and its publication, Phocuswire. The company produces more than 80 events in 13 countries related to the travel industry, including the Phocuswright Conference, ALIS (the largest hotel investment conference in the world; produced with the American Hotel and Lodging Association annually in Los Angeles), The Business Travel Show, The Meetings Show, Web in Travel, CruiseWorld, Global Travel Marketplace, and TEAMS. It owns a majority of Inntopia.
|Type||Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Secaucus, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Owner||Funds managed by EagleTree Capital|
Print media accounts for 18% of total revenue, events accounts for 39.2% of revenue, and digital revenue accounts for 42.7% of revenue.
In 1998, Reed Travel Group was renamed Cahners Travel Group.
In 2012, Boston Ventures Investment Partners sold the company to Wicks Group.
In 2016, the company was acquired by Wasserstein & Co.
In October 2019, the company acquired travAlliancemedia, owner of TravelPulse.com and TravelPulse Canada, Buying Business Travel, covering the corporate travel market, and CAT Media, which serves the meetings and incentives industries.
- "Northstar Travel Group acquires Buying Business Travel Media" (Press release). PR Newswire. October 8, 2019.
- "Wasserstein Acquires Northstar Travel Group From Wicks". The Wall Street Journal. June 7, 2016.
- Silber, Tony (November 20, 2019). "Northstar Travel Group Offers A Model For B2B Media Growth". Forbes.
- "GEORGE HUNDLEY, NORTHSTAR TRAVEL MEDIA". Ad Age. November 6, 2008.
- "Boston Ventures Announces the Acquisition of the Cahners Travel Group". Hospitality Net. 14 August 2001.
- "Cahners Travel Group Renamed NORTHSTAR Travel Media LLC". Hospitality Net. 5 November 2001.
- "BV Investment Sells Northstar Travel Media to Wicks Group". The Wall Street Journal. July 9, 2012.