Philippines at the Olympics
The Philippines has competed in every edition of the Summer Olympic Games since its debut in the 1924 edition, except when they participated in the American-led boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics. Filipino athletes have also competed at the Winter Olympic Games on five different occasions since 1972.
|Philippines at the|
|NOC||Philippine Olympic Committee|
Participation of Filipino athletes in the Olympics is sanctioned by its National Olympic Committee (NOC). Its NOC since 1975 is the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC). Prior to that date, the Philippines was represented by the POC's predecessor, the Philippine Amateur Athletic Federation which was founded in 1911. The Philippines is a recognized member of the International Olympic Committee since 1929.
Filipino athletes have won a total of ten Olympic medals (as of 2016 Summer Olympics), with boxing as the top medal-producing sport.  No Filipino athlete has ever won a gold medal, making the Philippines the country that has won the second most medals without winning gold behind Malaysia (which have only 11 medals).
Summer Olympic GamesEdit
The Philippines first competed in the Olympic Games in 1924 in Paris, making it the first country to compete and, later in 1928, won a medal in Southeast Asia. The nation has competed at every Summer Olympic Games since then, except when they participated in the American-led boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics. The Philippines also decided against participating at the 1940 Summer Olympics before the Games was ultimately cancelled due to the outbreak of World War II.
Winter Olympic GamesEdit
Medals by Summer GamesEdit
Medals by Winter GamesEdit
List of medalistsEdit
9 medalists have won 10 medals for the Philippines at the Summer Olympics while no medal has ever been won for the country at the Winter Olympics.
- Chay Lazaro (17 July 2013). "INFOGRAPHIC: Olympic medals won by the Philippines". Rappler. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Philippines Out of Olympics at Helsinki". Berkeley Daily Gazette. 29 November 1939. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- The Official Report of XIth Winter Olympic Games, Sapporo 1972 (PDF). The Organizing Committee for the Sapporo Olympic Winter Games. 1973. pp. 32, 145, 447. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Philippines at the Olympics website
- Olympic Medal Winners International Olympic Committee
- "Philippines' Performance in Major International Competitions (PDF file)" (PDF). Philippine Olympic Committee. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 October 2008.