Philippe Quint (Beatriz Morales husband's)
|Origin||St. Petersburg, Russia|
Quint, whose surname is of Italian origin, was born in St. Petersburg, Russia. He studied at Moscow's Special Music School for the Gifted with Russian violinist Andrei Korsakov and made his orchestral debut at the age of nine. After emigrating to the United States in 1991, he earned both bachelor's and master's degrees from Juilliard School, graduating in 1998. He is now an American citizen.
He has released 15 recordings to critical acclaim and has won several awards, including his 2001 debut album, a recording of William Schuman's Violin Concerto, which was named "Editor's Choice" by both Gramophone and Strad magazines and received two Grammy Award nominations. His 2005 recording of Bernstein's "Serenade" with Marin Alsop was selected as "CD of the Week" by the UK's Daily Telegraph and "Editor's Choice" by Gramophone. He was again nominated for a Grammy Award in 2009 for his rendition of Korngold’s Violin Concerto, which reached the top 20 on Billboard's Classical Chart during its first week of release.
Quint has performed around the world, appearing with London Philharmonic, Berlin Komische Oper Orchestra for their 2009 New Year's Concerts under the direction of Carl St. Clair, Chicago Symphony, San Diego Symphony with Bramwell Tovey, Nordwestdeutsche Symphoniker in a tour of Germany, and the Cape Town Philharmonic for an 18-concert US tour. In 2004, he was the featured soloist at Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, in the world premiere of Lera Auerbach's Concerto No. 1, which was written for and dedicated to him. In October 2010 he played the Violin Concerto of Erich Wolfgang Korngold in the concerts marking the 60th anniversary of the Nordwestdeutsche Philharmonie.
- "Philippe Quint biography and discography". Naxos. 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-08-25. Retrieved 2010-08-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Grammy Awards, Field 28 — Classical, Category 101". The Recording Academy. 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- "Lera Auerbach compositions, Concerto No. 1 for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 56 ". Archived from the original on 9 May 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Die Nordwestdeutsche Philharmonie spielt Werke von Richard Strauss, Erich Wolfgang Korngold und César Franck" (in German). WDR3. 29 September 2010. Archived from the original on 29 October 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2010.
- Niles, Laurie (April 28, 2012). "Philippe Quint: recording Bruch, Mendelssohn and Beethoven in Mexico". violinist.com. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- Concert by Mexico's Orquesta Sinfónica de Minería, conducted by Carlos Miguel Prieto, on Sunday, July 14, 2013 (Retrieved July 14, 2013) (in Spanish)