Major Philippa Joan Angel Tattersall, nicknamed "Pip", is a Scottish soldier, born 1975 in Tarland, Aberdeenshire. She is the first woman to succeed in the 9-week All Arms Commando Course, joining the main manoeuvre formation, 3 Commando Brigade.
|Known for||First woman to complete the All Arms Commando Course|
|Home town||Tarland, Aberdeenshire|
Tattersall successfully completed the course in May 2002 after 2 previous failed attempts, though the British Government's ban on women serving in units whose "primary duty is to close with and kill the enemy" means she is limited to providing combat support or combat service support to the Brigade. She serves in the Educational and Training Services Branch of the Adjutant General's Corps.
- Staff writers (31 May 2002). "Captain Philippa joins the commando elite". The Guardian. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Cramb, Auslan; Smith, Michael (1 June 2002). "First woman wins Marines' green beret". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Gordon, Bryony (9 January 2003). "Quick march – and into the mud". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "'Long, hard struggle' for green beret". news.bbc.co.uk. 31 May 2002. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "Green beret to run streets of London". Deeside Piper and Herald. 23 April 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2017.