Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
As the regulatory body, it seeks to protect public safety in pharmacy by:
- setting and promoting standards for pharmacists' admission to the register and for remaining on the register;
- maintaining a publicly accessible register of pharmacists, and pharmacy premises, in Northern Ireland;
- handling concerns about the Fitness to Practise of registrants and taking any necessary action to protect the public; and
- ensuring high standards of education and training for pharmacists in Northern Ireland
As the professional body, it seeks to develop the pharmacy profession in Northern Ireland in the public interest.
The Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care (PSA), is an independent body accountable to the UK Parliament, which promotes the health and wellbeing of the public and oversees the nine UK healthcare regulators, including Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland.
- "Statutory Regulators Directory: Organisation Profile: Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland (PSNI)". Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care. Retrieved 16 September 2014.