Pharma Medica Research Inc. is a Canadian research and development company that works with pharmaceutical companies and performs clinical trials in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. The company is based near Toronto, Canada with headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario. Pharma Medica has locations in Scarborough, Ontario
|Industry||Health and Science|
Number of locations
Pharma Medica was founded in 1998. The former subsidiary of Cipher Pharmaceuticals, Inc., develops and researches medical writing, bioanalysis, data management, and clinical trial monitoring. It has conducted over 4000 clinical trials and is certified GLP compliant.
In 2012, Omnicomm Systems licensed TrialMaster EDC to Pharma Medica to use the software in clinical trials.
Governor Jay Nixon of Missouri met with Pharma Medica at the 2013 International BIO Convention in Chicago to discuss growth into Missouri, the United States national leader in the biotechnology, agribusiness, and life science industry. The company’s first expansion outside of Canada opened in St. Charles, Missouri in November 2013. The St. Charles expansion cost the company $30.8 million and created 320 new jobs to be hired out in the course of three years. This US site currently operates 10 clinics.
After years of being investigated by the FDA and a dozen lawsuits Pharma Medica USA closed its doors on January 29, 2019.
- "Pharma Medica". Govan Brown. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Company plans 320 jobs in St. Charles". St. Charles County Suburban Journal. October 9, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- Matthew Hibbard (October 4, 2013). "Missouri offers tax breaks for pharmaceutical company". St. Louis Business Journal. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Pharma Medica Research To Set up First U.S. Facility in St. Charles, MO". Economic Development. October 4, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Company Overview of Pharma Medica Research, Inc". Bloomberg Business. March 15, 2015.
- "Pharma Company Opens Research Facility in Missouri". Industry Week. October 3, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Pharma Medica Research Inc". OmniComm. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- Ryan McBride (February 27, 2012). "OmniComm licenses clinical trials software to CRO Pharma Medica". Fierce Biotech IT. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Gov. Nixon joins company officials in opening new Pharma Medica Research Inc. facility in St. Charles". Office of Missouri Governor Jay Nixon. November 20, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Canadian-based Pharma Medica Research Opens $30.8 Million Research Facility In St. Charles, Missouri". Area Development. November 20, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2015.