Wells County's location in Indiana
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||441064|
Petroleum is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Petroleum, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 261. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village was laid out in June 1894 in the midst of an oil field, for which it was named...
- "Wells County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
|This Wells County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|