This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Petri Laurila|
|Also known as||Dream|
|Born||February 8, 1975|
|Genres||Hip hop, Dirty rap , Comedy hip hop , Pop-rap, Hip house, Crunk|
He has gained notoriety for his sexually explicit and misogynistic lyrics and his provocative stage shows (which often include nude women, pyrotechnics, drunk fans and giant inflatable vagina sculptures). His lyrical themes often focus on alcohol, parties, sex, women, pornography, hangover, masturbation, dissing Finnish celebrities and satirizing popculture and phenomena.
Petri Laurila is of Sweden-Finnish origin: he was born in Kristianstad, Sweden, and spent his childhood in Sweden. After serving briefly in the army, he moved to Chicago and eventually to Finland, residing in Tampere and Helsinki. He found initial success in his online release Vitun Suomirokki in 2000 on "Poko Rekords" going platinum with sales of 17,000 copies. The follow-up single entitled "Kanava Nolla (antakaa mun olla)" was also successful selling 9,000 copies. His debut studio album Mun levy! went gold with sale of 25,000 copies.
|Past members||Dream (Petri Laurila) |
Skem (Henry Kapralin)
Petri Laurila started his career as part of the rap duo Nuera. He was known as an MC under the alias Dream whereas his partner in the band was Henry Kaprali known as Skem. They were active in the 1990s releasing several cassettes through Open Records. They also collaborated with other artists on the record label.
In 2004-2004, both Dream and Skem joined DJ K2 in "YleX" weekly radio show featuring rap and R&B artists.
The duo disbanded as Henry Kapralin (Skem) moved to New York City going into music production with "Turnin' Records".
As for Petri Laurila (Dream) he took a new alias Travis Bicle and released an album in 2007 entitled "Committed" produced by Kapralin and "Turnin' Records"
Solo as Petri NygårdEdit
Petri Laurila continued with a successful rap career taking the name Petri Nygård. After the successes of 2000 and 2001, he has had a considerable comeback starting 2009 with new download only releases. He also released in 2009 a full studio album entitled Kaikkee pitää olla. His new album scheduled for February 2011 is entitled Kaikki tai ei mitään. The single from the new album include the November 2010 single "Sarvet esiin" featuring Finnish thrash metal band Mokoma. The second single entitled "Selvä päivä" featuring Lord Est has shot to #1 on Suomen virallinen lista, the official Finnish singles chart.
- 1992: Nuera (tape)
- 1993: Nuera demo
- 1993: Nuera Underground tape
- 1994: Breakfast
- 1996: Nuera (EP)
- 2000: Honesty
- 2003: Own World
as Travis Bicle
- 2007: Committed
- 2000: Pillumagneetti (EP)
- 2000: Mun levy!
- 2001: Petri presidentixi
- 2002: Hovinarrin paluu!
- 2009: Kaikkee pitää olla
- 2011: Kaikki tai ei mitään
- 2012: Mun mielestä
- 2012: 29 Syntiä - Kaikki vitun hitit
- 2013: Valmis mihin vaan
- 2020: Alaston Suåmi
- 2001: "Upsteps"
- 2003: "Upsteps Reprise"
- 2000: "Vitun suomirokki"
- 2000: "Kanava nolla (Antakaa mun olla)"
- 2000: "Rääväsuu"
- 2000: "Hulluna tisseihin"
- 2001: "Petri hallitsee liigaa"
- 2001: "Riimini rupiset / Sika / Petri pelastaa joulun"
- 2009: "Sanon suoraan" (download only)
- 2009: "Onko sulla pokkaa?" (download only)
- 2009: "Mitävittuuvaan / Tuska" (download only)
- 2010: "Kippis kulaus" (download only)
- 2010: "Seopetriii" featuring Emel & Aajee (download only)
- 2010: "Sarvet esiin" featuring Mokoma
- 2010: "Selvä päivä" featuring Lord Est
- 2011: "Villi ja vitun vapaa"
- 2012: "Märkää"
- 2011: "Reggaerekka" (Lord Est feat. Petri Nygård)
- "Petri Nygård – ei mikään salarakas eikä edes poliitikko". Länsi-Suomi. 28 December 2010. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. Retrieved 11 January 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "ALASTON SUÅMI by Petri Nygård on Apple Music". Apple Music. Retrieved 28 June 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)