Petr Koukal (badminton)
December 14, 1985 |
|Highest ranking||38 (23 Sep 2010)|
|Current ranking||87 (17 Nov 2016)|
In 2010, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer and underwent a successful therapy.
In July 2012, Czech Olympic Committee announced selection of Koukal for flag bearer of Czech team at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, citing him as an example of sport role in recovery from a grave illness and of return to competition at top level.
In 2016 Petr Koukal was awarded as the secondary recipient of the Hanno R. Ellenbogen Citizenship Award for his commitment and help to men with testical cancer through his foundation. Since May 2016, his spouse is Czech biathlete Gabriela Soukalová.
BWF Grand PrixEdit
|2014||U.S. Grand Prix||Hsu Jen-hao||19–21, 21–19, 8–21||Runner-up|
BWF International Challenge/SeriesEdit
|2011||Czech International||Przemyslaw Wacha||19–21, 16–21||Runner-up|
|2011||Slovak Open||Hubert Paczek||21–11, 21–15||Winner|
|2007||Iceland International||Marco Vasconcelos||21–17, 21–16||Winner|
|2007||Turkey International||Hans-Kristian Vittinghus||21–23, 15–21||Runner-up|
|2007||Le Volant d'Or de Toulouse||Przemyslaw Wacha||13–21, 17–21||Runner-up|
|2007||Hatzor International||Sho Sasaki||15–21, 16–21||Runner-up|
|2006||Le Volant d'Or de Toulouse||Ville Lång||18–21, 15–21||Runner-up|
|2004||Lithuanian International||Rafal Hawel||15–3, 13–15, 4–15||Runner-up|
|2004||Lithuanian International||Martina Benešová|| Stanislav Kohoutek
- 2006 - Spanish International: Men's singles (quarter final)
- 2006 - Austrian International: Men's singles (quarter final)
- 2006 - Austrian International: Mixed doubles (quarter final)
- 2005 - Hungarian International: Men's singles (semi final)
- 2005 - Babolat Slovak International: Men's singles (semi final)
- 2005 - Babolat Slovak International: Mixed doubles (semi final)
- 2003 - Slovenia International: Mixed doubles (quarter final)
- 2003 - Slovak International: Mixed doubles (quarter final)
- 2003 - Czech International: Mixed doubles (quarter final)
- 2003 - Sofiisk Imoti JSC Bulgarian International: Mixed doubles (semi final)
- 2002 - Slovak International: Mixed doubles (quarter final)
- Michal Osoba (2012-07-03). "Odtajněno: českou vlajku v Londýně ponese badmintonista Koukal". Právo (in Czech). Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Badmintonista Koukal porazil rakovinu a bude vlajkonošem olympijské výpravy". Czech Olympic Committee (in Czech). 2012-07-03. Retrieved 2012-07-03.