Peter Severin Steenstrup
Peter Severin Steenstrup (29 November 1807 – 17 February 1863) was a Norwegian naval officer and businessperson.
He served as captain of the paddle steamer SS Constitutionen, the first steamship of Norway. Steenstrup was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Norwegian Navy, and founded the shipbuilding company Akers Mekaniske Verksted in Christiania. He was one of the founders of the Norwegian Polytechnic Society, and was its chairman from 1853 to 1854.
In April 1835 he married his second cousin Sophie Augusta Collett (1811–1872). Sophie Augusta Collett was the daughter of Johan Collett and niece of Jonas Collett, both of whom were Constitutional founding fathers. In addition she was the sister of Peter Jonas Collett, and as such sister-in-law of writer Camilla Collett. Their son Peter Steenstrup became a military officer as well. He married Marie Hiorth Kielland in July 1873.
- Collett family Archived 10 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Schou, August (1938). Håndverk og industri i Oslo 1838–1938 (in Norwegian). Oslo håndverks- og industriforening. pp. 86–87.
- Peter Steenstrup genealogy
- Founders of the Norwegian Polytechnic Society Archived 9 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "PFs formenn 1852 – 2004" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Polytechnic Society. Archived from the original on 1 March 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2009.
- Arstal, Aksel; Just, Carl, eds. (1966) . "Steenstrups gt.". Oslo byleksikon (in Norwegian) (2 ed.). Oslo: Aschehoug.
Oluf Nicolai Roll
| Chairman of the Norwegian Polytechnic Society