Peter North (actor)
Peter North (born Alden Joseph Brown; May 11, 1957) is a Canadian pornographic actor, director and producer. He has 2588 credits as an actor (plus 13 as director).
North attending the Exxxotica Adult Entertainment Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center on July 10, 2010
|Born||Alden Joseph Brown|
11 May 1957
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 14 st)|
In a 1996 interview published in North's hometown newspaper, The Chronicle Herald, he stated that he was "discovered" while modeling athletic wear at a private party in Los Angeles in the early 1980s. A man within the adult film industry, whom North did not name, attended the party, was impressed by North's physique and gave him his business card.
North began his adult film career in 1983. Initially, North performed in gay pornography under the name Matt Ramsey. He later underwent conversion therapy and transitioned to straight pornography. North has appeared in over 2000 adult films and also directed more than 70 movies (notably, his North Pole and Anal Addicts series), most of them between 1998 and 2007. He also produced over 20 movies, including 15 in the North Pole series. In 2001, he successfully launched his own production company, Northstar Associates. According to North's official website, he chose his stage name because "Your penis is also referred to as your Peter and when you are erect, it faces North. Plus, I am from the North."
North became involved in the U.S. government's 1986 investigation of Traci Lords' underage involvement in the industry. Lords was underage when she made most of her movies, including several sex scenes with North. The government eventually dropped the investigation. In a 1996 interview in Details magazine, North commented on his involvement in the scandal by saying: "Traci Lords didn't do much for me. She reeked sex, looked good and young. But I didn't know that she was that young. When the scandal broke, I thought it was a lot of baloney on her part. She knew what she was doing and she deceived a lot of people. She was sexually aggressive off camera to many people, so the whole 'innocence corrupted' scenario she came up with was a total farce."
In 1994 he had a book published, a guide to meeting and bedding beautiful women entitled Penetrating Insights.
North is a member of the X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO) and the Adult Video News (AVN) Hall of Fame. In 2004 North was featured in a book and film project, Thinking XXX by photographer Timothy Greenfield-Sanders, who took photographs of 30 stars of adult movies, each pair of photographs in the same pose, clothed and nude. The film of the same name, which was made for HBO, chronicled Greenfield-Sanders' photography of his subjects and includes interviews with them.
Peter and Nadia North married in the summer of 2016. The couple have performed together in several adult videos.
- Street, Sharan (December 2, 2016). "Peter North Back to Shooting ... With Mrs. North: 'Faithfully Unfaithful' series offers real-life hotwifing action". AVN.
- "Straight Guy for the Queer Eye: Porn Sites featuring heteroguys are the hottest thing in gay adult entertainment - but at what cost to the gay community?". business.avn.com. 2006-08-01. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Rusty Nailed: Porn stud Tim Rusty talks about his new site, TimRusty.com, and why "extreme" content is so hot". business.avn.com. 2006-07-24. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Cumshot Legend Peter North, peternorth.com; accessed September 26, 2017.
- Heath, Chris (September 1996), "Peter North", Details, USA, no. 9
- Amazon.com: Penetrating Insights: Books: Peter North, amazon.com; accessed September 26, 2017.
- Peter North. Pornstar Key Facts - AVN and XRCO Hall of Fame references listed, pornstaremart.com; accessed September 26, 2017.
- "Adult Video Awards", CanBest.com. Retrieved January 26, 2007.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Retrieved 2008-01-26.