Peter Richard Markland (born 13 April 1951 in Bolton, Lancashire) is a British chess player. He was a member of the British team at the Chess Olympiads in 1972 and 1974. Markland was listed as the highest ranked British chess player in the first official FIDE Elo list, published in July 1971.
|Full name||Peter Richard Markland|
|Born||13 April 1951 (age 71)|
Bolton, Lancashire, England
|FIDE rating||2390 (May 1974)|
|Peak rating||2510 (July 1971)|
|ICCF rating||2418 (July 1992)|
Since 1984, Markland is an ICCF Grandmaster. He is also an FIDE Master since 2021.
He worked as a banker and lives in Woodbridge, Suffolk.
- The Best of Karpov (1975)
- The Sicilian Richter-Rauzer [with Tim Harding] (1975)
- Sicilian: ...E5 [with Tim Harding] (1976)
- ^ "Men's Chess Olympiads :: Peter Richard Markland". OlimpBase.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- ^ a b c Upham, John (13 April 2020). "Happy Birthday Peter Richard Markland (13-iv-1951)". British Chess News. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- ^ "Markland, Peter Richard". ICCF.com. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- ^ "Markland, Peter R". FIDE.com. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- Peter R. Markland rating card at FIDE
- Peter Richard Markland player details at ICCF
- Peter Richard Markland player profile and games at Chessgames.com