Peter Lee Lawrence
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter Lee Lawrence born Karl Hyrenbach (February 21, 1944 in Lindau, Nazi Germany – April 20, 1974 in Rome, Italy), was a German actor and a citizen of France. He enjoyed brief fame as a prolific leading man of Spaghetti Westerns before dying at the age of 30.
Peter Lee Lawrence
February 21, 1944
|Died||April 20, 1974 (aged 30)|
|Children||Karl b. 1965 David (b. 1970)|
His first notable film role was a small, uncredited, but important appearance as the brother-in-law of Lee Van Cleef in For a Few Dollars More. From then on he went on to star in 16 more Spaghetti Westerns from 1967 to 1973. He was also credited in several of these films as Arthur Grant. Some of these films were hits in Europe including Killer Caliber .32 (1967), Day of Violence (1967), Fury of Johnny Kid (1967), The Man Who Killed Billy the Kid (1967), Killer Adios (1968). He was a particularly popular actor in Cuba.
In 1971, Lawrence had a supporting role in Black Beauty. He continued acting until his death. He had 30 film credits in his nine-year career. His last credited appearance was Los Caballeros del Botón de Ancla (1974).
In 1972 Lawrence began suffering from headaches. Once filming finished on Los Caballeros del Botón de Ancla, he was admitted to the Foundation Jimenez Diaz Hospital in Madrid, where he was operated on by Dr. Sixto Obrador. The surgery was a success, but the biopsy report revealed it was glioblastoma. He moved to Zurich, where, under the auspices of Professor Wolfgang Horst, he began both chemo and radium treatment. On March 25, 1974, Lawrence was admitted to the Villa Stuart Clinic in Rome with severe stomach pains. He died on a Saturday, April 20, 1974, at ten past three in the morning.
- For a Few Dollars More (1965) - Mortimer's Brother-in-Law (uncredited)
- Fury of Johnny Kid (1967) - Johnny Mounters
- El hombre que mató a Billy el Niño (1967) - William 'Billy the Kid' Bonney
- Killer Caliber .32 (1967) - Silver
- Day of Violence (1967) - Johs Lee
- Killer Adios (1968) - Jess Bryan
- Testa di sbarco per otto implacabili (1968) - Lt. Strobel
- Pistol for a Hundred Coffins (1968) - Jim Slade
- Uno a uno, sin piedad (1968) - Bill 'Chico' Grayson
- Death on High Mountain (1969) - Loring Vandervelt
- Tiempos de Chicago (1969) - Erik
- Garringo (1969) - Johnny
- La furia dei Khyber (1970) - Sergeant Cullen
- Manos torpes (1970) - Peter Cushmich
- Sabata the Killer (1970) - Peter
- More Dollars for the MacGregors (1970) - Robert McGregor / Blondie
- Black Beauty (1971) - Gervaise
- I quattro pistoleri di Santa Trinità (1971) - George
- Raise Your Hands, Dead Man, You're Under Arrest (1971) - Sando Kid
- Un dólar de recompensa (1972) - Danny Lom
- Tarzán y el arco iris (1972) - Richard
- Arizona Kid (1972) - Garringo / Arizona
- Long Arm of the Godfather (1972) - Vincenzo - 'Raffica'
- Il mio corpo con rabbia (1972) - Paolo
- Amore e morte nel giardino degli dei (1972) - Manfredi
- God in Heaven... Arizona on Earth (1972) - Garringo/Arizona
- Mia moglie, un corpo per l'amore (1973) - Marco Santi
- Giorni d'amore sul filo di una lama (1973) - Stefano Bruni
- Il bacio di una morta (1974) - Andrea Valverde
- Los caballeros del botón de ancla (1974) - Carlos Corbián (final film role)
- Núñez Marqués, Anselmo (2006). Western a la europea--: un plato que se sirve frío. Entrelineas Editores. p. 164. ISBN 9788498024326.
- de España, Rafael (1 January 2002). Breve Historia Del Western Mediterráneo: La Recreación Europea de un Mito Americano. Glenat SA, Editions. p. 234. ISBN 9788484492801.
- "Muere Peter Lee Lawrence". Semana (in Spanish). 33: 44. 1972.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Lee Lawrence.|