Peter Joseph is an American independent filmmaker and activist. He is best known for the Zeitgeist film series, which he wrote, directed, narrated, scored, and produced. He is the founder of the related The Zeitgeist Movement. Other work includes The New Human Rights Movement: Reinventing the Economy to End Oppression, a book by Joseph which was published in 2017.
Peter Joseph, 2010
|Born||1979 (age 38–39)|
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, U.S.
In 2009, Joseph founded The Zeitgeist Movement, a self-described "sustainability advocacy organization." It was originally started as the "activist arm" of an organization called The Venus Project, launched by Jacque Fresco in 1994. In 2011 the two organizations separated. Joseph's work with the Movement and the Trilogy has been the subject of national media attention to include articles in The New York Times, The Palm Beach Post, VC Reporter, and TheMarker.
- Murdock, D.M.; Joseph, Peter (2011). The Zeitgeist Sourcebook - Part 1: The Greatest Story Ever Told (PDF).
- "Peter Joseph, Official Media Archive". peterjoseph.info. Retrieved 9 Aug 2013.
- Donovan, Travis (16 May 2015). "The Zeitgeist Movement: Envisioning A Sustainable Future". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- Tanguay, Brian (September 26, 2017). Peter Joseph's 'The New Human Rights Movement.' Santa Barbara Independent. Retrieved: August 12, 2018.
- Bill Stamets (February 15, 2011). "Art-house films: 'Marwencol,' 'Zeitgeist'". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved March 7, 2011."The view from Venus". Orlando Weekly.
- Feuer, Alan (2009-03-17). "They've Seen the Future and Dislike the Present". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- Rhonda Swan, A dream worth having, The Palm Beach Post, May 1, 2009
- New world re-order: The Zeitgeist Movement spreads to Ventura County, Shane Cohn, VC Reporter, May 12, 2011
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-simon/awaiting-interreflections_b_7628680.html Retrieved July-5-2016
- "Abby Martin Discusses the Absurdity of Capitalism with Peter Joseph". YouTube. Retrieved 21 August 2017.