Peter Jonas Bergius
In 1758 Bergius was elected a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. In 1768 he was elected to membership of the American Philosophical Society. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1770  and a Foreign Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1785.
- "Peter Jonas Bergius". Bergius Botanical Garden. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Bell, Whitfield J., and Charles Greifenstein, Jr. Patriot-Improvers: Biographical Sketches of Members of the American Philosophical Society. 3 vols. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society, 1997, 3:555–558.
- "Fellow Details". Royal Society. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "Book of Members, 1780–2010: Chapter B" (PDF). American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- IPNI. P.J.Bergius.
- Gunn, Mary (1981). Botanical exploration of southern Africa : an illustrated history of early botanical literature on the Cape flora : biographical accounts of the leading plant collectors and their activities in southern Africa from the days of the East India Company until modern times. L. E. W. Codd. Cape Town: Published for the Botanical Research Institute by A.A. Balkema. p. 56. ISBN 0-86961-129-1. OCLC 8591273.