Peter Hartley (cricketer)
|Full name||Peter John Hartley|
18 April 1960 |
Keighley, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
|Domestic team information|
|First-class debut||7 July 1982 Warwickshire v Lancashire|
|Last First-class||13 September 2000 Hampshire v Yorkshire|
|List A debut||11 July 1982 Warwickshire v Gloucestershire|
|Last List A||10 September 2000 Hampshire v Derbyshire|
|ODIs umpired||6 (2007–2009)|
|T20Is umpired||3 (2006–2009)|
|FC umpired||125 (2002–present)|
|LA umpired||136 (2002–present)|
|T20 umpired||74 (2003–present)|
Source: Cricket Archive, 16 June 2013
Born 18 April 1960, in Keighley West Riding of Yorkshire, Hartley made his debut for Warwickshire in 1982. He moved to Yorkshire in 1985, and stayed there until 1997, when he relocated to Hampshire. When he retired at the end of the 2000 season, Hartley was Hampshire's opening bowler.
After retiring as a player, Hartley became an umpire, making his debut as a first-class umpire in 2003. Between 2006 and 2009 he officiated in international cricket, taking charge of six one day international matches and three Twenty20 international matches.
- Warner, David (2011). The Yorkshire County Cricket Club: 2011 Yearbook (113th ed.). Ilkley, Yorkshire: Great Northern Books. p. 370. ISBN 978-1-905080-85-4.
- "Peter Hartley as Umpire in First-Class Matches". CricketArchive. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Peter Hartley as Umpire in ODI Matches". CricketArchive. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Peter Hartley as Umpire in International Twenty20 Matches". CricketArchive. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Umpires list – 2013". England and Wales Cricket Board. Archived from the original on 22 May 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.