Peter Evans (sailor)
Evans was born in 1961 and grew up in Devonport. He is a member of the Wakatere Boating Club. He started sailing Frostbites before earning several National Championships in Sabots, Starlings and Lasers. He then moved to sailing in a Europe before moving to the 470 Olympic class.
Evans joined Alinghi in 2006, and he was the tactician on board their training boat during the 2007 America's Cup. During the 2010 America's Cup, Evans controlled the pre-starts on board Alinghi 5.
- "PRO SAILING: Good to have a back-up plan >> Scuttlebutt Sailing News". Scuttlebutt Sailing News. 10 June 2013.
- "Peter Evans". New Zealand Olympic Committee. 9 February 2016.
- "Wakatere Boating Club : Hall of Fame – National Champions". www.wakatere.org.nz.
- "No P-class memories for Peter". The New Zealand Herald.
- "Peter Evans joins Alinghi – Yachting World". 16 March 2006.
- "Catastrophic end to Team New Zealand's first race".
- "America's Cup: Alinghi's Sailing Team". sailracewin.blogspot.co.nz.
- "Bladerider International -Peter Evans". www.bladerider.com.au.