Peter Del Vecho
Peter Del Vecho, p.g.a. is a film producer at Walt Disney Animation Studios, best known for winning, together with directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature for the 2013 film Frozen.
Peter Del Vecho
|Born||6 April 1958|
Quincy, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Alma mater||Boston University|
|Employer||Walt Disney Animation Studios (1995-present)|
|Known for||Frozen, Winnie the Pooh, The Princess and the Frog, Treasure Planet|
|Spouse(s)||Jane Del Vecho|
Del Vecho grew up in the city of Quincy, in the South Shore area just outside Boston, Massachusetts. He graduated in 1987 from the Boston University College of Fine Arts, where he studied theater production, and worked in theatre for many years. In 1995, after working at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis for about 7 years, he was recruited by Disney Animation. He started out in production management and transitioned into producing.
Besides Frozen, Del Vecho produced the Disney animated films The Princess and the Frog (2009) and Winnie the Pooh (2011), and was an associate producer of Treasure Planet (2002) which was directed by John Musker and Ron Clements.
- "Oscar Winners 2015: The Complete List - 86th Academy Awards". Oscar.com.
- Shanahan, Mark; Meredith Goldstein (6 February 2014). "'Frozen' producer Peter Del Vecho has South Shore roots". Boston Globe. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- Laskowski, Amy (28 February 2014). "Frozen Producer Heads to the Oscars". BU Today. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Peter Del Vecho". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Gettell, O. (September 3, 2014). "Disney short 'Frozen Fever' coming in spring 2015, with new song". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- Graser, M. (March 12, 2015). "Disney Announces 'Frozen 2′". Variety. Retrieved 2015-03-15.