Peter Davison (professor)
Peter Hobley Davison (born 1926), OBE, Ph.D., D.Litt., Hon. D. Arts, is research professor of English at De Montfort University, Leicester, and emeritus professor of English at Glyndŵr University. Davison is considered an authority on the life and works of George Orwell.
Life and careerEdit
Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, he taught, and gained his Ph.D. at Sydney University. In 1992, he was president of the Bibliographical Society and edited its journal, The Library, for 12 years. He received the Society's Gold Medal in 2003.
- The Orwell Diaries. Penguin UK At Google Books. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Past presidents" Official website. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Gold Medalists" Official website. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "The Troubled History Behind George Orwell's Complete Works" Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Orwell's every word" Times Higher Education. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Garden of Notes by Author of ‘Animal Farm’" The New York Times. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Diaries, by George Orwell" The Guardian. Retrieved 3 June 2013.