Peter C. Fishburn
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter Clingerman Fishburn (born 1936) is known as a pioneer in the field of decision-making processes.
Peter C. Fishburn
|Alma mater||Pennsylvania State University (M.S.)|
Case Institute of Technology (Ph. D)
|Known for||Decision Theory|
|Awards||John von Neumann Theory Prize (1996)|
Decision Analysis Publication Award
Frank P. Ramsey Medal
|Institutions||AT&T Bell Laboratories|
|Doctoral advisor||Russell Ackoff|
He received his B.S. in industrial engineering from Pennsylvania State University in 1958, his M.S. in operations research in 1961, and a Ph.D in operations research in 1962, the latter two from the Case Institute of Technology.
In collaboration with Steven Brams, he devised approval voting in 1977. In 1996, he won the John von Neumann Prize. He also won the Decision Analysis Publication Award in 1991 and Frank P. Ramsey Medal in 1987.
- Brams, Steven J., and Fishburn, Peter C. (1983), Approval Voting. Boston: Birkhäuser. Second edition (2007). New York: Springer.
- Fishburn, P.C. (1964), Decision and Value Theory. Publications in Operations Research, No. 10. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Fishburn, P.C. (1970), Utility Theory for Decision Making. Publications in Operations Research, No. 18. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Fishburn, Peter C. (1972), Mathematics of Decision Theory. Methods and Models in the Social Sciences, 3. The Hague: Mouton.
- Fishburn, Peter C. (1973), The Theory of Social Choice. Princeton, N. J.: Princeton University Press.
- Fishburn, Peter C. (1982), The Foundations of Expected Utility. Theory and Decision Library, Vol. 31. Dordrecht: D. Reidel.
- Fishburn, Peter C. (1985). Interval Orders and Interval Graphs: A Study of Partially Ordered Sets. Wiley-Interscience Series in Discrete Mathematics. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Fishburn, Peter C. (1988), Nonlinear Preference and Utility Theory. Baltimore, Md.: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Bibliography of Peter Fishburn's publications at the Wayback Machine (archived 16 July 2012)
- Biography of Peter Fishburn from the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
|This article about a United States engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|