Peter Baldwin (director)
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter DuBois Baldwin (January 11, 1931 – November 19, 2017) was an American actor and director of film and television.
|Died||November 19, 2017 (aged 86)|
Baldwin started his career as an actor, employed as a contract player at Paramount Studios. He played Johnson in the film Stalag 17 and Lieutenant Walker in Little Boy Lost, both made in 1953. In 1962 he played the role of murderer Tony Benson in the Perry Mason episode, "The Case of the Melancholy Marksman", and appeared in the 1970 Italian thriller The Weekend Murders.
Baldwin eventually became a television director with an extensive résumé. As well as directing many of the episodes of ABC's hit situation comedy The Brady Bunch, he also directed episodes of other ABC hit sitcoms, The Partridge Family, from 1970 to 1971 and Benson, from 1979 to 1980. He was among the directors of episodes of the 1973 NBC sitcom Needles and Pins and of the 1985-1986 CBS sitcom Foley Square, and also helped direct a few episodes of Family Ties in 1987. He won an Emmy in 1988 for the television series The Wonder Years. His last directing credit was an episode of the Disney Channel sitcom Even Stevens in 2002.
- Sanford and Son (1972, TV Series)
- The Living End (1972)
- The Bob Newhart Show (1973, TV series)
- The Michele Lee Show (1974, TV Series)
- Great Day (1977)
- Space Force (1978)
- The Lovebirds (1979)
- Benson (1979-1980, TV Series)
- Alone at Last (1980)
- The Brady Girls Get Married (1981)
- The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island (1981)
- The Hoboken Chicken Emergency (1984)
- Lots of Luck (1985)
- American Film Institute Comedy Special (1987)
- A Very Brady Christmas (1988)
- Charlie Hoover (1991, TV series)
- Revenge of the Nerds (1991)
- Meet Wally Sparks (1997)
- Arliss (1997, TV series)
- King's Pawn (1999)
- Driving Me Crazy (2009)
- The Turning Point (1952) - Boy (uncredited)
- The Girls of Pleasure Island (1953) - Pvt. Henry Smith
- Stalag 17 (1953) - Sgt. Johnson
- Houdini (1953) Fred - Bess' Escort (uncredited)
- Little Boy Lost (1953) - Lt. Walker
- The Ten Commandments (1956) - Courtier (uncredited)
- Short Cut to Hell (1957) - Carl Adams
- The Tin Star (1957) - Zeke McGaffey
- Teacher's Pet (1958) - Harold Miller
- The Space Children (1958) - Security Officer James
- I Married a Monster from Outer Space (1958) - Officer Hank Swanson
- The Trap (1959) - Mellon
- Escape by Night (1960) - American Lieutenant Peter Bradley
- Love in Rome (1960) - Marcello Cenni
- Quattro notti con Alba (1962) - Lieutenant Enrico Fassi
- I soliti rapinatori a Milano (1963) - Tony
- The Ghost (1963) - Dr. Charles Livingstone
- The Possessed (1965) - Bernard, the writer
- The Weekend Murders (1970) - Anthony Carter
- Roma Bene (1971) - Michele Vismara
- The Mattei Affair (1972) - McHale (final film role)
- "Peter Baldwin". Hollywood.com. Archived from the original on August 6, 2016. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Peter Baldwin | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.
- "Peter Baldwin | Movies and Filmography". AllMovie.
- "The Perry Mason TV Show Book (Episode #147)". www.perrymasontvshowbook.com.
- "Weekend Murders (1970) - Michele Lupo | Cast and Crew | AllMovie" – via www.allmovie.com.
- "Peter Baldwin | TV, Documentary and Other Appearances". AllMovie.
- "Peter Baldwin". Television Academy.
- Nakamura, Reid (November 24, 2017). "Peter Baldwin, Emmy-Winning 'The Wonder Years' Director, Dies at 86". The Wrap. Retrieved February 23, 2019.
- O'Connor, John J. (September 22, 1986). "Tv Reviews; Lucille Ball Returns in Abc Comedy Series" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Life with Lucy: The Complete Series". DVD Talk.
- Barnes, Mike (November 24, 2017). "Peter Baldwin, Actor and Emmy-Winning TV Director, Dies at 86". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 23, 2019.