Peter James Andrea
27 February 1973
|Education||Benowa State High School|
|Television||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!|
Katie & Peter franchise
Peter Andre: The Next Chapter
Peter Andre: My Life
Peter Andre's 60 Minute Makeover
Strictly Come Dancing
(m. 2005; div. 2009)
Andre gained popularity as a singer, best known for his singles "Mysterious Girl" and "Flava". He is also known for appearing on the third series of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, and the thirteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing, in which he was partnered with Janette Manrara.
During his time on I'm A Celebrity, Andre developed an on-screen romantic relationship with fellow contestant Katie Price. Andre and Price were married two years after the show's finale; they had two children, and together they released the album A Whole New World (2006), before divorcing in 2009.
Early life and music careerEdit
Andre was born on 27 February 1973 in Harrow, London, and is of Greek Cypriot descent. In 1979, as a six-year-old, Andre and his family relocated to Sydney, before settling on Australia's Gold Coast when he was nine. At the age of 14, Andre finished runner-up to Wade Robson in a dancing competition where the prize was to meet Michael Jackson.
In 1989, 16-year-old Andre became a contestant on Australian talent show New Faces, and as a result, he was offered a recording contract for $146,000. During this time, Andre lived in a beach-side apartment in Surfers Paradise and attended Benowa State High School on the Gold Coast.
In the early 1990s, Andre established himself on the Australian music scene. In 1992, Andre released his debut single, "Drive Me Crazy", which peaked at No. 72 on the Australian singles chart. However, his musical breakthrough occurred with his second single, "Gimme Little Sign", which peaked at No. 3 and spent a total of 31 weeks in the charts. In 1993, Andre received an ARIA Award for highest-selling Australian single of the year. His second studio album was released on 30 September 1996, peaking at No. 1 in the UK Albums Chart. The album included the hit single "Mysterious Girl", which peaked at number 2 on the UK Singles Chart in 1996, but reached number 1 on re-release in 2004, following Andre's appearance in I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! As a result, Andre returned to the UK in the mid-1990s.
On 14 September 2009, Peter released his sixth studio album, Revelation. Notable tracks “Behind Closed Doors” and “Unconditional” peaked at 4th and 50th respectively in the UK charts, with the album reaching No. 3.
During their marriage, Andre and Katie Price launched the Katie & Peter franchise on ITV2, which documented their life together. The franchise included several fly-on-the-wall reality series which comprised When Jordan Met Peter, Jordan & Peter: Laid Bare and Jordan & Peter: Marriage and Mayhem (2004–05); Katie & Peter: The Next Chapter, Katie & Peter: The Baby Diaries and Katie & Peter: Unleashed (2007); Katie & Peter: Down Under; and Katie & Peter: African Adventures (2008); and Katie & Peter: Stateside in 2009. Their 2009 separation resulted in their individual series being recorded: Peter Andre: The Next Chapter continued on ITV2 until 2011, followed by Peter Andre: Here 2 Help (2011) and Peter Andre: My Life (2011–13).
In July 2010, Andre and Jason Manford were team captains on the ITV series Odd One In. In 2013, Andre was a guest judge on the ITV entertainment series Your Face Sounds Familiar, and later guest-presented five editions of Sunday Scoop on ITV. Since 11 November that year, Andre has presented 60 Minute Makeover, which has been re-branded as Peter Andre's 60 Minute Makeover.
In 2014, Andre released the song "Kid" (for the film Mr. Peabody & Sherman) which was the lead single from his album Big Night. On 8 October that same year, Andre co-hosted the ITVBe opener with Jamelia. In 2014, Andre became the new face to feature in supermarket Iceland's television commercials.
Andre has since starred in the ITV weekly series Give a Pet a Home which works alongside the RSPCA in Birmingham. In August 2015, he was announced as a contestant for the thirteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing which began a month later and in which he was partnered with Janette Manrara. They went out just before the quarter final, in week 10, and therefore finished in seventh place.
Starting in 2020, Andre will voice Ace the race car in the 24th season on Thomas & Friends (having voiced the same character in Ace’s debut movie).
Andre began dating glamour model Katie Price after they met on reality series I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! in early 2004. The couple got engaged secretly that May, but it was not announced publicly until months later. They married on 10 September 2005 in Highclere Castle, Hampshire. They have two children together: son Junior Savva, born on 13 June 2005; and daughter Princess Tiaamii Crystal Esther, born on 29 June 2007. While married to Price, Andre was stepfather to her son Harvey, from her earlier relationship with football player Dwight Yorke. The couple renewed their vows in September 2008. But in May 2009, it was announced that Andre and Price had separated after three-and-a-half years of marriage. They were officially divorced in September of that year.
In July 2012, Andre began a relationship with medical student Emily MacDonagh, who gave birth to Andre's third child, a daughter, Amelia (also known as ‘Millie’) on 8 January 2014. Andre and Macdonagh married on 11 July 2015 in Exeter at Mamhead House. On 22 November 2016, they had a son, Theodore James (also known as ‘Theo’).
- I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! (2004, 2011) – Contestant; 3rd place
- When Jordan Met Peter (2004) – himself
- Jordan & Peter: Laid Bare (2005) – himself
- Jordan & Peter: Marriage and Mayhem (2005) – himself
- Katie & Peter: The Next Chapter (2007–08) – himself
- Katie & Peter: The Baby Diaries (2007) – himself
- Katie & Peter: Unleashed (2007) – co-presenter
- Katie & Peter: Down Under (2008) – himself
- Katie & Peter: African Adventures (2008) – himself
- Katie & Peter: Stateside (2009) – himself
- Peter Andre: Going It Alone (2009) – himself
- The Big Fat Quiz of the Year (2009) - himself
- Peter Andre: The Next Chapter (2009–11) – himself
- Odd One In (2010–2011) – Team Captain / regular panellist
- Peter Andre: Here 2 Help (2011) – himself
- Peter Andre: My Life (2011–13) – himself
- Peter Andre's Bad Boyfriend Club (2012) – himself
- Your Face Sounds Familiar (2013) – Guest Judge
- Sunday Scoop (2013) – co-presenter
- Peter Andre's 60 Minute Makeover (2013–14, 2018–) – Presenter
- ITVBe launch show (2014) – co-presenter
- Big Star's Little Star (2015) – Contestant
- Give a Pet a Home (2015) – celebrity contributor
- Strictly Come Dancing (2015) – Contestant; 7th place
- Loose Women (2016) – guest panellist
- David Brent: Life on the Road – himself
- Thomas and Friends: Big World, Big Adventures! – Ace (voice)
Andre also appeared on Through the Keyhole.
- The Inheritance (2019) – Harry
- Celebrity Antiques roadtrip (2020)
- Grease (2019) – Teen Angel
- "Peter Andre". Now Magazine. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Retter, Emily (8 October 2014). "Peter Andre on learning to love again after his brother's death". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Hattenstone, Simon (17 June 2019). "Peter Andre: 'I remember praying to God: please get me through this day'". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Peter Andre 'devastated' he lost out on meeting Michael Jackson to Wade Robson". Metro.co.uk. 8 March 2019. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Ford, Louise (2013). Peter Andre – The Biography. John Blake Publishing. ISBN 978-1782196952.
- "Benowa State High School". Benowashs.eq.edu.au. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Nick McGrath (8 February 2014). "Peter Andre: My family values". The Guardian.
- "Peter Andre believes he has a guardian angel". London Evening Standard. 26 October 2011. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015.
- Tina Campbell (14 April 2014). "Peter Andre launches Pledge Music campaign and new swing music album | Metro News". Metro. UK. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "Welcome to ITVBe". Itv.com. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- "Julian Clary, Peter Andre, Kimberly Wyatt for ITV's Give a Pet a Home". Digital Spy.
- "Entertainment | Jordan decides on daughter's name". BBC News. 24 July 2007. Retrieved 31 October 2009.
- "BBC NEWS – Entertainment – Jordan and Peter André separating". BBC News. 11 May 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2009.
- "Baby joy for Peter Andre and girlfriend Emily". Irish Examiner. 8 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Andre.|