|Studio album by|
|Released||12 April 2006|
|The Radio Dept. chronology|
|Singles from Pet Grief|
Pitchfork's John Motley wrote, "The songs on Pet Grief are easy to fall in love with; the facile melodies and slick production eliminate any barriers to enjoyment. But the lack of challenge— few surprises, scant diversity— means you won't want to put the album on for repeat listens, even if you're never compelled to turn it off while it's playing. Radio Dept. could sacrifice a little polish for a few more rough edges." AllMusic critic K. Ross Hoffman thought only a handful of the tracks are comparable to "the remarkably consistent quality" of the band's debut, Lesser Matters (2004), further elaborating: "It may be that they were just more interested in album-length ambience than stand-alone pop this time around—a couple of brief, spacy instrumentals seem to suggest as much. In that sense the album must certainly be regarded as a success; it's a rich and evocative mood piece, and still eminently worth hearing. It's just a minor disappointment when a band so adept at bridging the style-substance divide decide to limit themselves to just one facet of their talents." Maddy Costa of The Guardian stated that "in the right mood, there is something shy and lovely about Pet Grief, ghosts of the C86 sound that make you want to grab a cardigan and sway."
All lyrics are written by Johan Duncanson; all music is composed by Johan Duncanson, except where noted.
|4.||"I Wanted You to Feel the Same"||2:31|
|6.||"The Worst Taste in Music"||3:21|
|8.||"What Will Give?"||4:30|
|12.||"Always a Relief"||3:21|
Credits adapted from the liner notes of Pet Grief.
The Radio Dept.
- Johan Duncanson – vocals, guitar, keyboards, production, mixing
- Martin Larsson – guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, production, mixing
- Daniel Tjäder – keyboards
- Per Blomgren – drums (track 3)
- Alan Duncanson – cover photo
- Göran Olsson – inside photo
|Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)||12|
- "The Worst Taste In Music – EP by The Radio Dept". iTunes Store. United Kingdom. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "The Radio Dept. – Pet Grief". Labrador Records. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Hoffman, K. Ross. "Pet Grief – The Radio Dept". AllMusic. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Costa, Maddy (27 October 2006). "The Radio Dept, Pet Grief". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Motley, John (16 June 2006). "The Radio Dept.: Pet Grief Album Review". Pitchfork. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Pet Grief (CD liner notes). The Radio Dept. Labrador Records. 2006. LAB095.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link)
- "Swedishcharts.com – The Radio Dept. – Pet Grief". Hung Medien. Retrieved 12 November 2018.