This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Demarcation of a perimeter, when the protection of assets, personnel or buildings is required, is normally effected by the building of a perimeter fence system. The level of protection offered varies according to the threat level to the perimeter. Different types of perimeter fencing include:
- Timber fencing
- Palisade fencing
- Welded wire mesh fence fencing
- Chain-link fencing
- Rolled mesh fencing
- Metal railings
Since the 2000s, welded wire mesh fencing has become one of the most popular types of perimeter fence around the world. It is used in commercial projects, industry, in sports, in schools, and in airports.
In high-security applications, sensors may be attached to the fence that generate alarms when they detect someone cutting, climbing, or lifting the fence fabric.
In the United Kingdom, perimeter fencing is banned at any sporting stadium after the death of 96 people at Hillsborough Stadium.
- "Niftylift Headquarters - High Security Fencing - CLD Fencing". CLD Fencing. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Walney Substation - Utilities Fencing - CLD Fencing". CLD Fencing. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Manchester City Etihad Training Complex - Sports Fencing - CLD Fencing". CLD Fencing. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Fencing and Gates for HS2 College Doncaster - CLD Fencing". CLD Fencing. 2017-09-05. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Manchester Airport - Airport Perimeter Security Fencing and Gates - CLD Fencing". CLD Fencing. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
|This article about a building or structure type is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|