Quizás, Quizás, Quizás
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Quizás, quizás, quizás", sometimes known simply as "Quizás" (American Spanish: [kiˈsas]; "perhaps"), is a popular song by Cuban songwriter Osvaldo Farrés. Farrés wrote the music and original Spanish lyrics for the song which became a hit for Bobby Capó in 1947.
|"Quizás, Quizás, Quizás"|
|Song by Osvaldo Farrés|
|English title||Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps|
Notable cover versionsEdit
This section needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Notable cover versions include:
- 1951: Bing Crosby recorded the song with the Bando Da Lua on February 5, 1951, for Decca Records.
- 1958: Nat King Cole regularly performed the song with a heavy American accent. His version appeared on his 1958 album Cole Español and frequently appeared in the 2000 film In the Mood for Love.
- 1961 Ben E. King included it on his album Spanish Harlem.
- 1963: Sara Montiel recorded a version with an orchestral arrangement by Greg Segura for the film she also starred in: Noches de Casablanca. A 7" EP of the same name was also released.
- 1964: The Doris Day version of "Perhaps" was recorded on November 5, 1964, for Columbia Records and not released as a single, but only on albums (see Latin for Lovers). It was featured in the 1992 Australian film Strictly Ballroom and in the Louie season 4 promo. The song was released as a single in the UK by Columbia in 1992.
- 1965: Celia Cruz originally recorded a version of the song; later re-released on the 1994 greatest-hits album Irrepetible.
- 1969: Paco de Lucía recorded an instrumental flamenco version on the album En Hispanoamérica.
- 1996: The alternative rock band Cake released "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" on their album Fashion Nugget.
- 1998: British singer Samantha Fox recorded a cover of "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" for her 21st Century Fox album, but she titled the song simply "Perhaps". It was then released as a single.
- 1998: Turkish ska band Athena included a cover of this song as "Senden, Benden, Bizden" in their album Holigan.
- 2000: British recording artist Geri Halliwell released "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" as a B-side to her number one single "Bag It Up". This version also appeared on the soundtrack of the film America's Sweethearts.
- 2000: English singer Mari Wilson's cover of the song was later featured as the theme song to Coupling; in the American version of Coupling, it was sung by Lindsay Price.
- 2000: Rubén González included an instrumental version on his album Chanchullo.
- 2006: British recording artist Emma Bunton included "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" as a B-side to her single "Downtown", and on the special edition of her CD Life in Mono.
- 2008: The Pussycat Dolls included "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" as a bonus track on the CD 2 of the Deluxe edition of their second studio album Doll Domination.
- 2008: Buena Vista Social Club released a live version on their album Buena Vista Social Club at Carnegie Hall.
- 2012: Gaby Moreno included "Quizás, quizás, quizás" in her album Postales.
- 2013: Andrea Bocelli recorded "Quizás, quizás, quizás" as a duet with Jennifer Lopez, for his album Passione.
- 2015: Vocal quartet Il Divo recorded the song for the album Amor & Pasión.
- 2016: Marina Prior and Mark Vincent covered the song on their album Together
- 2017: Gregory Porter covered the song on his album Nat King Cole & Me
- 2019: Roie Labes translated and performed the song in Hebrew (under the name אולי, אולי, אולי) - based on the English version - on his album Brecha Bli Mayim
- "Osvaldo Farrés @ peermusic – The Independent Major". archive.org. 10 February 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-02-10. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Jambrina, Jesús (29 August 2012). ""Quizás, quizás, quizás": una leyenda". Huffington Post.
- Bruce Bastin; Kip Lornell (2012). The Melody Man: Joe Davis and the New York Music Scene, 1916–1978. American Made Music Series. University Press of Mississippi. p. 191. ISBN 978-1-61703-276-9. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Desi Arnaz – Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps". WhoSampled.com. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "A Bing Crosby Discography". BING magazine. International Club Crosby. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- Sarita Montiel – Noches de Casablanca at Discogs
- "Doris Day – Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Quizas, Quizas, Quizas)". 45cat.com. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Roie Labes - אולי, אולי, אולי - YouTube
- "Quizás, quizás, quizás" ("Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps") – Spanish version lyrics, literal English translation, and English version lyrics