Perfect Strangers (2017 film)
Perfectos desconocidos (transl. Perfect Strangers) is a 2017 Spanish comedy film directed by Álex de la Iglesia. The film received 21 award nominations, and grossed €18.9 million at the box office by February 2018. It is a remake of the 2016 Italian film Perfetti Sconosciuti.
|Directed by||Álex de la Iglesia|
|Based on||Perfect Strangers|
by Filippo Bologna, Paolo Costella, Paolo Genovese, Paola Mammini and Rolando Ravello
|Music by||Víctor Reyes|
|Edited by||Domingo González|
|Box office||$31 million|
Seven friends decide to play a game at their dinner party in which each member needs to read aloud all incoming text messages or put phone calls on speaker for all to hear. This causes many revelations to materialize, and challenges the "normal" of everyone at the dinner.
- Belén Rueda as Eva
- Eduard Fernández as Alfonso
- Ernesto Alterio as Antonio
- Juana Acosta as Ana
- Eduardo Noriega as Eduardo
- Dafne Fernández as Blanca
- Pepón Nieto as Pepe
- Beatriz Olivares as Sofía
- María Jesús Hoyos as Abuela
- Gonzalo Torralba as Javi
- Valentina Méndez as Rosa
- Alberto Bang as Gordi
- Luis Lobos Negros as Vecino ascensor
The film was the second highest-grossing Spanish language film of 2018 in Spain, with a box-office taking of €13 million from 2 million admissions. The film also stayed as one of the highest-grossing Spanish language films of 2018 in Spain, and finished third grossing €9.2 million from 1.3 million admissions. Worldwide it had grossed $31 million as of January 2019.
- "Perfectos Desconocidos (2017)". The Numbers.
- "Perfectos desconocidos". Movistar+ (in Spanish). Telefónica. 2017. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "Perfectos desconocidos". Premios Goya (in Spanish). 2017. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "Las 5 cintas nominadas al Goya recaudan 8 millones frente a los 18 millones de Perfectos Desconocidos, sin nominaciones". Europa Press (in Spanish). Madrid. 2 February 2018. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- ""Perfectos desconocidos" un remake de Álex de la Iglesia". Jameson Notodofilmfest (in Spanish). 27 November 2017. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- Zorrilla, Mikel (21 May 2016). "Álex de la Iglesia dirigirá el remake de 'Perfectos desconocidos'". Espinof (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- Hopewell, John (2 January 2018). "Spanish Box Office Holds, Edging Down Just 0.7% in 2017".
- Hopewell, John (2 January 2019). "Spain's Box Office Dips Slightly in 2018". Variety.