Per Carlén (born 19 November 1960, in Karlstad) is a former handball player and current coach. He is the father of Swedish national handball player Oscar Carlén and Swedish national football player Hilda Carlén. His most recent coaching job was with the defending German champion HSV Hamburg, who sacked him on 29 December 2011.
|Olympic medal record|
|1996 Atlanta||Team Competition|
|1992 Barcelona||Team Competition|
Along with, among others, Magnus Wislander, Staffan Olsson, Erik Hajas och Björn Jilsén, Carlén was a key player in Bengt Johansson's successful national team during the 1980s and 1990s. Usually Carlén played line player. During his national career he played 329 games (1032 goals). Ona club level he represented IK Heim, Ystads IF, BM Granollers and Atlético Madrid BM. In 1992 Carlén won a national championship with Ystads IF.
- Caps/Goals: 329/1032 mål (1982–1996)
- World champion 1990 (in Prague, Czechoslovakia)
- European champion 1994
- 3rd place in the 1993 and 1995 World championships
- Swedish champion with Ystads IF HF 1992
- Participated in four Summer Olympics: Los Angeles (1984), Seoul (1988), Barcelona (1992) and Atlanta (1996)