This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
José Vicente "Pepu" Hernández Fernández (born 11 February 1958) is a Spanish former professional basketball coach.
Hernández, in 2007
|Born||11 February 1958|
|Career highlights and awards|
|As head coach|
Club coaching careerEdit
National team coaching careerEdit
Between 2006 and June 2008, Hernández was the head coach of the senior Spanish national basketball team, with whom he won the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship, and the silver medal at the EuroBasket 2007.
Awards and accomplishmentsEdit
- FIBA Korać Cup runner-up: 1999
- Spanish Cup winner: 2000
- Spanish League runner-up: 2004
- AEEB Spanish Coach of the Year: 2004
Spanish senior national teamEdit
On 30 January 2019, it was announced that Hernández would run in the Spanish Socialist Worker's Party's primary election to select the party challenger to become Mayor of Madrid (vis-à-vis the 2019 Madrid City Council election), facing Manuel de la Rocha and Chema Dávila as rivals.
- Game Report, Spain vs Greece, 64-47
- "Sánchez elige a Pepu Hernández como candidato del PSOE al Ayuntamiento de Madrid" (in Spanish). El País. 29 January 2019.
- Montero, Sara (2 February 2019). "Pepu Hernández, Manuel de la Rocha y Chema Dávila: tres hombres y unas primarias". Cuarto Poder.
- Spanish League Coach Profile (in Spanish)