Pepe the Bull
Pepe the Bull (Spanish: Pepe El Toro) is a 1953 Mexican sports drama film directed by Ismael Rodríguez and starring Pedro Infante, Evita Muñoz and Amanda del Llano. It was the last in a trilogy of films featuring Infante and Muñoz playing the father and daughter characters (Pepe El Toro and Chachita, respectively) in the 1948 releases Nosotros los Pobres (We the Poor) and Ustedes los ricos (You the Rich). A planned fourth film in the series was cancelled when Infante died in 1957. The film was nominated for three Ariel Awards.
|Pepe the Bull|
|Directed by||Ismael Rodríguez|
|Written by||Carlos Orellana |
Pedro de Urdimalas
|Starring||Pedro Infante |
Amanda del Llano
|Music by||Manuel Esperón|
|Edited by||Fernando Martínez|
Producciones Rodríguez Hermanos
- Pedro Infante as Pepe "El Toro"
- Evita Muñoz as Chachita
- Amanda del Llano as Amalia
- Irma Dorantes as Lucha
- Freddy Fernández as Atita
- Fernando Soto as Antonio Feliciano de la Rosa
- Juan Orraca as Don Pancho, entrenador
- Armando Velasco as Licenciado
- Felipe Montoya as Delegado
- Elodia Hernández as Doña Rafaela
- Joaquín Cordero as Lalo Gallardo
- Wolf Ruvinskis as Bobby Galeana
- Amador p.133
- "Pepe el Toro (Dir. Ismael Rodríguez, 1953)". cinepremiere. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "El Torito, la Chorreada y Pepe el Toro: la estructura familiar en Nosotros los pobres y Ustedes los ricos". artilugiosdelahistoria. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Agráz Luna, Mario (21 July 2020). "Tres joyas del cine de oro (Three gems of golden cinema". La Crónica de Hoy. Mexico City, Mexico. Retrieved 8 November 2020.
- "Pepe El Toro". Film Affinity. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- María Luisa Amador. Cartelera cinematográfica, 1950-1959. UNAM, 1985.
|This article related to a Mexican film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|