|Position:||Head Coach and General Manager|
|Born:||September 19, 1974|
Charlotte, North Carolina
|High school:||West Charlotte (NC)|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
A native of Charlotte, North Carolina who graduated from West Charlotte High School, Hamilton played quarterback from 1993 to 1996 at Howard University. While at Howard, Hamilton earned the team's scholar-athlete award in 1995 and 1996.
Hamilton started his coaching career at Howard University, where he served as the team's quarterbacks coach before becoming the team's offensive coordinator. Hamilton coached in the National Football League for the New York Jets and San Francisco 49ers before taking a position as quarterbacks coach for the Chicago Bears on March 5, 2007.
In 2010, Hamilton was hired by the University of New Mexico Lobos after Tee Martin left for the Kentucky Wildcats and was named co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach. However, after Ron Turner left Stanford for the Indianapolis Colts, Hamilton left New Mexico before the start of the season to be the wide receivers coach at Stanford. In 2011, he was promoted to offensive coordinator under new head coach David Shaw.
In 2013, Hamilton was named as the new offensive coordinator of the Indianapolis Colts, after former OC Bruce Arians left to become the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals. The move reunited Hamilton with former Stanford starting quarterback Andrew Luck, tight end Coby Fleener, and wide receiver Griff Whalen. Hamilton turned down an offer to become the offensive coordinator of the Virginia Tech Hokies, citing a desire to be reunited with his former protege Andrew Luck.
On November 3, 2015, the Colts fired Hamilton.
In 2017, Hamilton was signed by the Wolverines to a four-year $4.25m contract.
DC Defenders (XFL)Edit
It was announced on February 5, 2019, that Hamilton had left Michigan and Ben McDaniels was taking over coaching the quarterbacks in Ann Arbor. An unconfirmed report stated that Hamilton had taken a position with the relaunched XFL, coaching the DC Defenders. The XFL confirmed the hiring on February 21.
- "Stanford Announces Changes to Football Coaching Staff" (Press release). Stanford Department of Athletics. February 2, 2011. Archived from the original on January 2, 2013. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- Biggs, Brad (March 9, 2010). "Stanford loses one ex-Bears coach, hires another". ChicagoBreakingSports.com. Retrieved February 3, 2011.
- Copeland, Kareem (January 18, 2013). "Indianapolis Colts hire Pep Hamilton to run offense". National Football League. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "Report: Raiders seek to interview Pep Hamilton". December 31, 2014.
- "Colts fire offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton". November 3, 2015.
- "Former Colts Coordinator Pep Hamilton Hired as Browns Assistant Head Coach". January 20, 2016.
- "Michigan becomes first public institution to pay three assistants $1 million a year". ESPN. January 25, 2017.
- "Pep Hamilton is reportedly heading to the XFL". MLive.com. February 7, 2019.