People's Choice Awards India
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for events. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The People's Choice Awards India was an awards show held on October 27, 2012, in Mumbai, India, and which aired on Colors TV on November 25. An adaptation of the US version, the Indian edition is licensed and produced by Bulldog Media & Entertainment, sponsored by Procter & Gamble, and the winners were voted on by the general public.
|People's Choice Awards India|
|Also known as||PCA India|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original network||Colors TV|
The nomination categories are across four genres - Movies, TV, Music and Sports. The inclusion of a Sports Category with a Favourite Sportsperson award is unique to the Indian show.
Winners are listed in bold.
|Favourite Movie||Favourite Action Movie|
|Favourite Comedy Movie||Favourite Drama Movie|
|Favourite Movie Actor||Favourite Movie Actress|
|Favourite Action Movie Star||Favourite Comedy Movie Star|
|Favourite Youth Movie Icon||Favourite Ensemble Cast|
|Favourite Debut Actor (Male/Female)|
|Favourite TV Comedy||Favourite TV Drama|
|Favourite TV Comedy Actor||Favourite TV Comedy Actress|
|Favourite TV Drama Actor||Favourite TV Drama Actress|
|Favourite Most Good Looking On-Screen Jodi (TV)||Favourite TV Crime Drama|
|Favourite Non-Fiction Show||Favourite Ensemble Cast|
|Favourite New TV Drama||Favourite Non-Fiction Show Host|
|Favourite Song of the Year||Favourite Movie Album of the Year|
|Favourite Male Singer||Favourite Female Singer|
- Priyanka Chopra was felicitated with Favourite International Music Debut Award for her 3x Platinum Certified debut single In My City.
- Hema Malini was felicitated with the Ageless Beauty Honour.
- London Olympics 2012 medalists Mary Kom, Gagan Narang, Yogeshwar Dutt and Sushil Kumar were felicitated by Katrina Kaif. The other sportspeople who were honoured were Vijay Kumar and Saina Nehwal.
- Priyanka Chopra paid her tribute to Yash Chopra, who died few days before the award show.
- Many celebrities cascaded down in designer finery at the red carpet event of India's first-ever People's Choice Awards held in Mumbai. The People's Choice Awards are rewarded through votes collected by the common people.
- Bollywood’s who’s who were seen at the People’s Choice Awards 2012 Indian edition, but Saif Ali Khan was conspicuous by his absence
- The People’s Choice Awards were held in India for the first time on October 27, 2012 in Mumbai.
- Indian actress Madhuri Dixit performed a top-notch tableau exhibiting her charming dance moves in a furious mix of many of her movie-song hits.
- In attendance were Bollywood celebrities, including Salman Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Ranbir Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Darsheel Safary, Rakhi Sawant, Ayushmann Khurrana, Parineeti Chopra, Chitrangda Singh, Ekta Kapoor, Bhagyashree, Prabhu Deva, Hema Malini and Sameera Reddy.
- People's Choice Awards Press Conference "Saif, Kareena to perform at People's Choice Awards", The Times of India, Mumbai, October 18, 2012. Retrieved on October 18, 2012
- People's Choice Awards Licensing , Variety (magazine), London, October 18, 2012. Retrieved on October 19, 2012
- People's Choice Awards India website
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-27. Retrieved 2012-12-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)