Pellet Fuels Institute
Pellet Fuels Institute (PFI) is a North American trade organization that represents manufacturers, retailers and distributors of wood pellet fuel supplies and appliances. The PFI was formed in 1985 as the Fiber Fuels Institute.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, PFI maintains National Residential Pellet Fuel Standards, compiles and publishes data on sales and manufacturing output relating to the U.S. pellet fuel industry, hosts industry conferences, and provides outreach to consumers on the use of pellet fuel as an alternative energy thermal source.
- "Who is PFI?". PFI. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- “Wood and Pellet Heating,” U.S. Department of Energy
- “Retailers say pellet stoves are hot item as customers flee from pricey oil heating,” The Business Review (Albany), August 29, 2008
- “Pellet Fuels Institute Holds Annual Conference In July,” Alternative Energy Retailer, April 25, 2007
- “Pellet stoves: Economic, friendly alternative to fossil fuel,” Alaska Journal of Commerce, December 9, 2007