PayScale is a compensation software and data company which helps employers manage employee compensation and employees understand their worth in the job market. The website was launched on January 1, 2002. It was founded by Joe Giordano and John Gaffney. Mike Metzger served as CEO from 2004 to 2019. Scott Torrey, a 20-year veteran of SAP Concur, started as CEO on August 26, 2019.
Type of site
|Founded||January 1, 2002|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Key people||Scott Torrey, CEO|
|Alexa rank||4,481 (June 2020[update])|
PayScale was developed to help people and businesses obtain accurate, real-time information on job market compensation. While PayScale started by crowdsourcing compensation data from employees to power its products for employers, it's Software as a Service offerings have evolved to allow businesses to utilize multiple compensation data sources, including PayScale's Crowd Sourced and Company Sourced offerings as well as data from other providers. Customers can also manage their employee compensation strategy and structure within the platform and perform robust compensation analytics. For employees, the service works via the Internet by enabling individuals to submit their job profile and salary data, which is then compared to others like them. They receive a free report on their market worth.
The company generates revenue by selling SaaS subscriptions, compensation data and services to employers, to aid in determining correct market rates for hiring, benchmarking and budgeting, and by targeted advertising to employees that visit its website.
PayScale puts on an annual compensation industry event called Compference and publishes original research on compensation-related topics such as the gender pay gap, college return on investment and salary history.
- "PayScale Management Team". Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "payscale.com Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix and Traffic - Alexa". alexa.com. Retrieved 2020-06-24.
- Bieber, Christy (28 June 2018). "Pros and Cons of an Open Salary Policy". The Motley Fool. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "PayScale, Inc. on Business Week". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "PayScale names longtime Concur exec as CEO". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- Cook, John (24 April 2014). "Salary report generator PayScale getting up to $100M in deal led by Warburg Pincus". Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- Soper, Taylor (April 25, 2019). "Compensation data site PayScale valued at $325M after new private equity investment". GeekWire.
- "PayScale Reviews & Product Details". G2 Crowd. September 13, 2019.
- "Comp Research". PayScale.
- PayScale web site
- New York Times by Damon Darlin The New York Times (March 3, 2007)
- Review: How Much Money Do You Make? by Michael Arrington TechCrunch (October 12, 2006)
- PayScale shows you the money from The Seattle Times (August 29, 2005)
|This article about a financial services corporation of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|